Poll: What running shoes do you use?

Options
124»

Replies

• rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I went to running store when I decided to start running and they fit me and recommended the Asics Gel Landreth 6. The 7's are out now and since I started wearing these shoes, no more shin splints, they breath really nicely, very comfortable and they have a heel clutching system which has made it so I don't have any blistering on my heel and the shoe seems to fit better.
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    you have got to be kidden !!!!am going to tell you that honestly Ive tried dozens of running shoes, nike shox, reebok crosstrainers ,all these shoes don't come close to a regular pair of 55 dollar NEW BALANCE!! that shoe is amazing.. i know thats just my opinion but i highly recommend them.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Kayano... the best flipping shoes I have ever bought. Cost a bomb though... 280 australian dollars. so at least 250 american!!!!

About $130 USD - still a lot, though.

Not when you're used to paying that...my Newtons cost $155. Like I posted earlier...I spend about $900 a year just on running shoes. They are really my only splurge. I want my feet protected and make sure my joints work for a long time. I have friends that spend over 2 grand a year in shoes because they do ultras and run the equivelent of 5-6 marathons a week. When you're getting that kind of milage your shoes wear out pretty fast.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I used to like the Asics Gel Nimbus until they changed the sole and my last pair started picking small stones on every single run! Ugh. So I switched to Brooks Glycerin (weekdays) and Mizuno Wave Creation (weekends, aka my long runs). They last about 4 months for me which translates to about 500 miles total, or 250 miles per shoes. For whatever reason, if I go past 250 or 300 miles, my feet start to give me problems which will end up in lost running time. So I try to keep track of my mileage better now so that I know when to replace them.
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Adidas Supernova.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm using a pair of Asics Gel-Strikes that I just picked up off the shelf and got lucky. They've been great with me as a beginning runner, routinely knocking out 5k's with no problems. I fully intend on getting properly fitted for my next pair.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Asics and occasionally Reebok zigtech
  • suzypoozie
    suzypoozie Posts: 12
    Options
    Saucony Kinvara at $80 a pair make me quite happy. I tried VFF's but found that I had to shorten my stride so much it drove me crazy. I'll dust them off and try them again I am sure.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Brooks The Beast. While everyone's going all minimalist, I'll go the opposite, and take my stability control shoes any day of the week.
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Asics gel kayano... Went through a few models and pretty happy with them.