Only need to lose a stone. Advice please.

Options
My options are -

1. calorie counting on here.
2. Juicing - do I count the Cals?
3. Weight watchers.

I no longer go to the gym due to commitments. I do work on my feet all day and will try to exercise at home.

I need advice before my holiday.

Thanks.

Replies

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Weight lose is all about calories in v calories out.

If the Calories In is less than out you will lose weight (There are other factors, but for most of us this holds true)

I use MFP and log my food, my wife uses Slimming World (same thing as WW), we are both losing weight.
    I prefer trying to change habbits and retraining my body for when I reach goal. I dont want to put this back on!! My wife likes the easy system of Slimming World with Free food and syn points (Does my head in!!)

Juicing sounds tasty, but for me I would have to log and see what the calories are. Dont know how this works to lose weight, so can not comment.
  • Livingmywaytogoodhealth
    Options
    Trying cutting refined sugar from your diet, I have lost 8 kilos in a month (have about 5 left to go) Add me if you want to chat
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Losing weight as above poster has already said is all about calories in/out - eating less than we burn.

Set up here to lose 0.5lb - that's the ideal weight loss amount per week when we haven't got much to lose), log your foods here as accurately as possible, using a food scale (eye opening when you see portion sizes in reality).

Eat foods you like and which you can see yourself consistently enjoying. To lose weight and then also keep it off we have to find what works for us long term. Forget fad diets.

Counting calories definately brings success, there are 1000's of us that can confirm that :smile:

All the best.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    cm_stones wrote: »
    My options are -
    1. calorie counting on here.
    If you are honest with your settings, log accurately and keep it up, it will work

2. Juicing - do I count the Cals?
    Is this something you are going to keep up? Essentially if it means you're eating less calories because of it (and yes you will need to count them, if you drinking more calories than you would in a meal it's not going to make a difference), it will work but the problem with things like this is the minute you go back to eating the same way, boom that weight will creep back on.
    My options are -

3. Weight watchers.

Works for a lot of people, but why pay for something you can do for free? It's essentially the same concept as counting calories. There are plenty of groups here on the boards for accountability and weigh ins.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you just need to be in a calorie deficit... how you do that is personal preference of whatever works...
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    you just need to be in a calorie deficit... how you do that is personal preference of whatever works...

Nice one, @TavistockToad ... This should be the top banner of every page of MFP!!!

(If everyone understood it, it would probably cut forum posts by 90%)

• cm_stones
    cm_stones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. It has made it crystal clear to me now. X