Weight in: clothes or naked?

2»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I doubt a bra and underwear weigh 2 lbs. If your shower was hot and long you could have lost some water weight.

Xena (Warrior Princess) doesn't agree. :D

lolz
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    I weigh every morning in my sleep bra & underwear, after I use the bathroom. On mornings where I didn't like the result, I've tried taking off the bra & underwear, but the weight was always the same :'( . I can't weigh after I take a shower. My hair is like a giant curly sponge & adds like 4 lbs to my weight.
  • LaRelicHunter
    LaRelicHunter Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2017
    I weigh in clothes on only that I normally wear all week.
    That's the way I started and putting in a naked weight would be great looking on my progress but not true to my actual real loss.
    I have weighed in naked and it is a 4lb difference.
    I wear Bluejeans and leather boots w/no steel toe.
    Also I have tried different clothes but always the same
    4lbs. Tenis shoes may be a little lighter but only ware them on weekend and don't record weight in them.
    I would rather weigh in clothes to avoid having to strip down every time I step on a scale.
    I also use the full size mirror more than the scales because it shows you the results and reality quick.
    Stay focused and
    Good luck...

John

• catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    I weight right when I wake up. Usually with Jammies on. I did a weigh in with and without them one day. It was like 1.4lbs for heavy sweats, a tank and long sleeve shirt. I kinda adjust from there on paper, unless it ends up being a new low. If that's the case, I will strip down and weigh again.
  • sybillabryson
    sybillabryson Posts: 58 Member
    Only one way:
    naked
    once a week
    same time
    first thing after you wake up
    after pooping & peeing
    before eating or drinking anything

Then you have the closest you can get to your lowest possible weight with no other variables (that you can control). There's always things like time of the month for women and water retention that can skew your numbers but thats the best way.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Depends on where I'm at.

Home - naked

Dr office - clothing

I expect to weigh more at the doc's office.
  • krandor1
    krandor1 Posts: 20 Member
    I normally weight in first thing in the morning after going to bathroom naked. That way it is consistant from day to day and you don't have different clothes that may not weight the same. Naked at the same time of day is about as consistant as you can get. The only time I weight in with clothes is when weighting in for dietbet (and then I immediately remove the number from withings so it doesn't skew my trend). My only issue is that if I'm doing a dietbet I need to remember I'm going to need to be a pound or two below the goal number to account for weighing in with clothes for their weigh-in.
  • krandor1
    krandor1 Posts: 20 Member
    and I weight daily but only because I use the withings scale. I don't worry about the daily numbers but focus on the trend line with my goal being to always be below the trend line. I can go up and down from day to day which we all do but as long as I'm below the trendline I'm on the right path.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I weigh myself in the dining room wearing my pj's in the morning after I have used the bathroom. My pj's have not caused my weight to change from weigh in to weigh in so they aren't adding much. My regular bra and underwear weigh less than 1 lb.

What you are looking for is the change from your previous day's weigh in so you need to compare the same conditions. If you wore the bra and underwear to weigh before that is the weight to compare to not changing conditions and weighing 30 minutes later. Weigh naked after your shower if you want from now on but your bra and underwear likely did not weigh 2 lbs. You did other things during that time. The naked post shower weight would be your new starting weight just like if you got a new scale if you choose to use it.
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    I do naked right before my morning shower.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    I weigh at the gym, the scales are in the cardio section. they would have me arrested if I weighed in without clothes on.
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Pretty much what others are saying, no clothes, immediately after the morning toilet run. There's no way I'm going to hunt up the same clothes every time I want to weigh. Well technically I've been wearing my footies since it's been cold weather (not going barefoot on stone tile floors!) but they don't weigh enough to register on my scale, and I never record partial pounds anyway.
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    neohdiver wrote: »
    ksmommy5 wrote: »
    So it's weigh in day tomorrow. I just hopped on the scale this morning with underwear and sports bra on as I always do. Then just now I decided to hop on after my shower. I was down 2 lbs. Do clothes really make that much of a difference? I guess I update my weight now cause naked can't lie lol

I'm actually surprised you're down at all - since your hair was likely wet & shoud have added some weight.

(But yes - weigh naked, since otherwise you're including the weight of the clothing.)

I agree. I weigh my self before shower (naked) because, if i weigh my self after shower i gain 2 lbs. I have short but thick hair so its pretty heavy when wet.
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Only one way:
    naked
    once a week
    same time
    first thing after you wake up
    after pooping & peeing
    before eating or drinking anything

Then you have the closest you can get to your lowest possible weight with no other variables (that you can control). There's always things like time of the month for women and water retention that can skew your numbers but thats the best way.

I weigh naked as soon as I get up and pee. I don't understand how people go #2 before having their breakfast and morning coffee, lol. I always want to be able to do that so I get a lower reading, but it's always a no-go.