Enough is Enough!!!

Options
In the words of the great philosopher Popeye "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more!"

I've struggled with my weight for 8 years. I've had no health side affects from my weight so I've ignored it and given into the extreme eating. Well this morning I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long time and BAM!!!! 418 pounds. That can't be right was my first thought so I tried 3 more times. 418 didn't change. That's when I realized the only thing that would change that number is me. I have the ability to move that number up or down and it's time to move that number waaaaaayyyyy down.

I resigned into MFP after years of it sitting in an app folder I don't even use and I'm determined to not only lose the weight and get in shape but also make this a permanent life change. I'm anxiously optimistic how this will turn out but I know I can do it if I buy in 100%.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm going to need all the support I can get.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....Congrats on starting your journey...YOU CAN DO THIS.....Hoping you have great success ..You are welcome to add me :)
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You can do this :)
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    This is the only process that has worked for me so trust it and it will work for you too.

I stopped and gained almost everything back I lost and once I started logging again I've lost 34 lbs!

So you can do this!!! Set realistic goals and be accurate in your logging and weighing food and it will work.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Add me!
  • Onyx_Eve
    Onyx_Eve Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Good luck!
  • garyChicago
    garyChicago Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Slow and steady progress is the way to go
  • thetoothfairyhelper
    Options
    I wish you success in your journey! :)
  • kswanson7005
    kswanson7005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the positive responses. Today was my weigh in day and I am down 7.2 pounds. As the week as gone on I have been feeling more energy and the struggle is becoming easier. It's amazing what cutting out certain foods, drinking water and exercising can do.

I know I can't expect this kind of weight loss over the course of this journey but it sure is a nice jump start.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Love how positive you are! Congrats on kicking 7.2 pounds to the curb already! You are doing great! Feel free to add me :smile: