Break meals down item by item?

Options
2»

Replies

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I always break it down. If it's something I make a LOT, I will actually create a recipe for it so I don't have to be like,
    "Onion, garlic, blah blah blah" everytime I want to cook a meal.
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Everybody who wants to lose weight using MFP does...
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I break it down. I just jot things on a recycled junk-mail envelope as I weigh them, while cooking, so I don't get my electronic device all ooky, then record it after the meal. Easy & quick.
    Yes! The doors of our fridge are stainless steel, but the sides are black, so I just use a wee bit of chalk to write everything down as I'm cooking and then I input the recipe after.

It seems overwhelming at first, but there's honestly only so ways to make food, haha.

For instance, this is my rustic soup base (that we eat at least once a week). The exact grams may change week to week but it's very simple to alter those since I already have the entries.
    9sllRxX.png

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    It's a lot easier than you think. Once you get used to it it takes very little time. And if you are just going to guess why bother using MFP?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I also break it down. Whether you count accurately or not, your body will keep a perfect tally. I find it easier to monitor so many factors such as when I'm feeling more hungry than usual, have I been undereating? Am I getting all my vitamins and minerals? Some days you have to guess, but if the rest of the days are as accurate as possible, the inaccuracies on the days you guess will have less impact.