How can i lose my weight without eating bad food

Replies

• mayginger855
    mayginger855 Posts: 9 Member
    How can i lose my weight to 154 pounds before my sweetheart dance
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member

What's your current weight and height, and when is the dance?
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member

Count calories and drink lots of water and get more active. How old are you?
  • mayginger855
  • mayginger855
    My dance is the 25 of February
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    My dance is the 25 of February

And how much do you need to lose to get to 154? (Your answer to this question will help us recommend a weight loss plan for you.)
  • mayginger855
    amber5151 wrote: »

Count calories and drink lots of water and get more active. How old are you?

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    You can realistically lose about three pounds if you start now. But it depends on what your starting weight is.

If you're 160 and want to go to 154...it might be a hard stretch.

If you are 200lbs and want to go to 154...you should have started in 2016.

If you're 155 and want to go to 154...that is doable.
  • mayginger855
    Im 201
  • mayginger855
    :'(
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Im 201

You should have started sooner. There's no way to safely lose 50 pounds in two weeks.

But you can lose a few pounds if you get started now. Set up your MFP profile and eat the calorie goal they give you. Lots of people find a food scale helpful in monitoring their intake. Read the stickied posts on top of the forum.
  • mayginger855
    Thanks
  • liquidgold83
    liquidgold83 Posts: 2 Member
    There is no such thing as bad food.
    You lose weight by eating less calories then you burn, your food choices only matter for nutrition, but cake isnt going to make you any fatter then a carrot as long as you stay under goal.

Actually what you put inside your body as calories go matters completely. Not all calories are the same. If you stock up on carbs and fat you're body is prone to store all those extra calories as fat. Creating a calorie deficit is just part of the solution. Get active and change your blood chemistry. That's the best way to lose weight. I would highly recommend trying a Ketogenic diet, especially if you like to see your scale get lower quickly. But if you don't want to change your diet, exercise more, drink more water, and COUNT ALL YOUR CALORIES. Set a limit on yourself for each day. I'm a big guy and I limit myself to 1500 a day and I consistently lose 2+ lbs a week. Remember, it takes a long time to lose weight, and a big part of losing that weight is changing your habits. If you don't change your habits, you won't lose weight.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    There is no such thing as bad food.
    You lose weight by eating less calories then you burn, your food choices only matter for nutrition, but cake isnt going to make you any fatter then a carrot as long as you stay under goal.

Actually what you put inside your body as calories go matters completely. Not all calories are the same. If you stock up on carbs and fat you're body is prone to store all those extra calories as fat. Creating a calorie deficit is just part of the solution. Get active and change your blood chemistry. That's the best way to lose weight. I would highly recommend trying a Ketogenic diet, especially if you like to see your scale get lower quickly. But if you don't want to change your diet, exercise more, drink more water, and COUNT ALL YOUR CALORIES. Set a limit on yourself for each day. I'm a big guy and I limit myself to 1500 a day and I consistently lose 2+ lbs a week. Remember, it takes a long time to lose weight, and a big part of losing that weight is changing your habits. If you don't change your habits, you won't lose weight.

Let's not confuse issues.

The OP wants to know if she can lose an insane amount of weight in a short period of time. The answer is "no." At least not safely, but probably not at all.