How do i lose weight before my sweetheart dance

Options
2»

Replies

• liquidgold83
    liquidgold83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as bad food.
    You lose weight by eating less calories then you burn, your food choices only matter for nutrition, but cake isnt going to make you any fatter then a carrot as long as you stay under goal.

Actually what you put inside your body as calories go matters completely. Not all calories are the same. If you stock up on carbs and fat you're body is prone to store all those extra calories as fat. Creating a calorie deficit is just part of the solution. Get active and change your blood chemistry. That's the best way to lose weight. I would highly recommend trying a Ketogenic diet, especially if you like to see your scale get lower quickly. But if you don't want to change your diet, exercise more, drink more water, and COUNT ALL YOUR CALORIES. Set a limit on yourself for each day. I'm a big guy and I limit myself to 1500 a day and I consistently lose 2+ lbs a week. Remember, it takes a long time to lose weight, and a big part of losing that weight is changing your habits. If you don't change your habits, you won't lose weight.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating less calories then you burn, your food choices only matter for nutrition, but cake isnt going to make you any fatter then a carrot as long as you stay under goal.

Actually what you put inside your body as calories go matters completely. Not all calories are the same. If you stock up on carbs and fat you're body is prone to store all those extra calories as fat. Creating a calorie deficit is just part of the solution. Get active and change your blood chemistry. That's the best way to lose weight. I would highly recommend trying a Ketogenic diet, especially if you like to see your scale get lower quickly. But if you don't want to change your diet, exercise more, drink more water, and COUNT ALL YOUR CALORIES. Set a limit on yourself for each day. I'm a big guy and I limit myself to 1500 a day and I consistently lose 2+ lbs a week. Remember, it takes a long time to lose weight, and a big part of losing that weight is changing your habits. If you don't change your habits, you won't lose weight.

Let's not confuse issues.

The OP wants to know if she can lose an insane amount of weight in a short period of time. The answer is "no." At least not safely, but probably not at all.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Could you elaborate on the highlighted a bit more? Altering your blood chemistry is so bad for the continuance of life processes.

OP: You won't be able to make that goal, but you can lose a little, get a great outfit, and feel better. Start now, but without a goal date in mind, and continue beyond the date of this dance. You have a whole life ahead of you.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Im 201

Is the dance in February, 2018? If so definitely possible. If in 3 weeks no way. Best case maybe lose 6 pounds