How long do you spend at the gym?

Options
About how long do you work out at the gym? Just curious, how long do you spend on cardio and lifting?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I lift twice per week...it takes me about an hour.

I don't do cardio at the gym...I primarily ride...duration, intensity, etc all depend on where I'm at in my training plan. Sprint intervals are higher intensity but shorter duration...I do those about once per week right now while most of my other rides are about an hour at the moment with a couple of longer rides on the weekend.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would say a total 3-4 hours a week in the gym lifting (including set-up and rests), and one hour a week of yoga at a home studio. No cardio (unless you count cooking and feeding myself which can get pretty labour intensive :p:D )
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    It depends what my goals are for the day. If I'm combining cardio with lifting, probably close to an hour. If it's just lifting, usually only about 45 minutes. On the weekends when I'm not pressed for time, I do a full body workout session that can last about 90 minutes.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Lifting sessions are usually ~45 minutes.

I rarely do cardio at the gym. The little bit that I do do is most commonly 30 minutes of rowing. Outdoor cardio can be anywhere from 40 minutes to 4 hours.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday before work I have, at the most, 30 minutes (that usually includes warm up/cool down). Weekends I can spend 45min-75 minutes depending on how good I feel. Weekday I only have time to do cardio OR strength, so I switch every other day. If I do go to the gym on the weekends (son doesn't like the daycare very much so I usually use those as rest days) then I'll do 30-40 minutes of cardio then 20-30 minutes strength training, or if I'm swimming I'll just do that for 45-60 minutes.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    10-12 hours a week recently. Hopefully that backs down a little after competing.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    45 minutes... anything more and im just bullshitting there then
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    at most, 1 hour each day, 5 days a week.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I lift for an hour, and 3-4 times a week I'll do 30 min of cardio, and then stretching and/or abs. So on cardio days, about 2 hours or just under.
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    Nautilus machines with some free weights thrown in 3 days per week for a two hours each time. Cardio is 30 min 2-3 days per week at home to cardio dance DVD's.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    2.5 hours on average - 1.5 hrs on cardio, 30 mins on weights and about 20 mins doing core and stretching. If I'm stuck for time I'll do sone cardio and core/stretching. The gym is 30 mins drive each way so I won't go for less than an hour and a half.
  • CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    lifting takes me like an hour then I run for about 40min 5x a week
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    1 to 1.5 hours of lifting depending on where I'm at in my mesocycle, followed by 30 minutes of incline walking 6 days a week.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I lift 4x a week for about 30mins each session (heavy lifting with accessories)
    I do cardio at least 4-5x a week for 30-60mins sometimes inside sometimes outside.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    4 days a week. 45 minutes usually. With 15-30 minutes of mobility work ontop of that
  • bwaits07
    bwaits07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mondays are usually my only rest days unless I'm sick or something more important comes up. I go early in the morning before work and do about 40-50 min cardio then do some weights for about 30-40 min.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Tuesday and Thursday 2 hours for lifting and 1/2 hour steady state cardio... Saturday and Sunday 3 hours more lifting and 30-45 minutes of steady state and 20-30 flights of stairs (stairmaster) as HIIT.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Lifting averages 2 hrs a day 4-5x a week. Cardio is 10-30 minutes on those days, I use the term cardio loosely because some days it's just a 10 min treadmill walk to warm up for lifting.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    1 to 1.5 hours of lifting depending on where I'm at in my mesocycle, followed by 30 minutes of incline walking 6 days a week.

I had no clue what this was and I thought it had to do with a fungal life cycle.. maybe right before you produce spores or something :D
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    1.5 - 2 Hours at 4x a week