New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    https://realmorningreport.com/

If you take the short survey on the link, you'll be sent a coupon for a free bottle of Organic Balance protein shake
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    OK, I trust you guys, so I need recommendations. LOL What is your 'go-to' vanilla protein powder? My Premier Protein tub is almost empty, and while it was OK, I'm looking for something better. I typically use it to make smoothies or add it to my baked oatmeal.

Thanks! :kissing_heart:

I like ON Gold Standard and Trutein.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Just an FYI: I stopped by Kroger today and noticed that the Free Friday download on Power Bars also includes their new Clean Whey bars. I picked up a raspberry fudge to try sometime.

I spotted the cinnamon roll Keebler cookies but noticed the birthday cake fudge stripes were on markdown and only had enough cash on me for one pack.

That was my favorite of the clean whey bars.

Does anyone have a link for the Robert Irvine cookies? I tried Googling the other day & came up with nothing.

I haven't seen anything about Robert Irvine cookies. Only brownies:

http://shop.fitcrunchbars.com/FITCRUNCH-Brownie--Chocolate/p/FIT-020003&c=FitCrunch@Brownies
    http://shop.fitcrunchbars.com/FITCRUNCH-Brownie--Cookie-Dough/p/FIT-020010&c=FitCrunch@Brownies

His site is the only place I have been able to find them.

Ah thanks! I might buy the Cookie Dough Brownie. I'm hoping it doesn't taste as fake as the Met Rx.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    jroth261 wrote: »
    Had this for lunch last wk. Holy crap good. Doesn't look like much out of the package but it's satisfying. Tastes like real food with fat in it unlike, say, Lean Cuisine. 390 cals. Would be good to add some steamed veggies on the side to fill the meal out more.

38r00vx3tn7z.png

That's the only Evol meal I like.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    0l5b5aodmd5l.jpeg
    This came in the mail today from Amazon! It's IMO syrup - the same thing used to make quest bars before they switched to soluble corn fiber. Basically, I heat 2 tbsp of the syrup on the stove and mix 30 grams whey protein powder and knead it to form a dough. Then I just add in mix-ins and extras and form into bars before refrigerating them to set. Amazing! And it saves so much money, since. I don't have to pay $2.00 a bar anymore. :)

Weird stuff!!

http://easacademy.org/trainer-resources/article/isomalto-oligosaccharides

How similar does it taste compared to quest bars? I have thought of making my own but figured they wouldn't taste as good and it would be a pain to calculate the macros and calories

Like I said, I used Raw Meal to make my first test-batch (I wanted to give some to a vegan friend of mine at work), so this first batch tastes a little different, although the texture is similar to that of actual Quest Bars. And the chocolate tastes more like actual chocolate vs whatever Quest uses, since I used actual chocolate chips. Either way, they're good, and I really like them! And I love that it gives me the option to create custom protein\flavor blends. I plan on trying it with whey soon, and I'll do a side-by-side comparison then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l97-KJJcUMA

Here's a video of a MFP member's homemade protein bars recipe(s).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I've only ever seen the Enlightened bars. :(

Same! @hgycta anymore info on the Enlightened flavors?

I'm bummed that it costs so much in shipping to order Halo Top online! @Noreenmarie1234 @joshperson195 @hgycta are there any discounts/online coupons for free shipping?

I also wish we had Graeters in my neck of the woods, because www.onsecondscoop.com usually gives it great reviews.

Little G ice cream also looks good, but I will only buy that one if I get a good work bonus & maybe not even then.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Honestly not impressed at all. Wasnt as sweet as their regular mixes and didn't taste like red velvet. The ginger shred is still my absolute favorite with the cocoa crave right behind it... kind of regret ordering as many of these as I did haha!
    8wc1oxdwzxc6.jpg

Can you return them in exchange for another flavor?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Last one I wanted to try

1476098981471.png

It's very bland. Doesn't really taste of pistachio. Disappointing (but at least I only paid $2.88 for the pint).

I have yet to find a halo top that I like, sadly. I really wanted to like them, but they all taste watery bland to me.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've only ever seen the Enlightened bars. :(

Same! @hgycta anymore info on the Enlightened flavors?

I'm bummed that it costs so much in shipping to order Halo Top online! @Noreenmarie1234 @joshperson195 @hgycta are there any discounts/online coupons for free shipping?

I also wish we had Graeters in my neck of the woods, because www.onsecondscoop.com usually gives it great reviews.

Little G ice cream also looks good, but I will only buy that one if I get a good work bonus & maybe not even then.

Yes! If you have Facebook or Instagram you need to follow them because each day they're revealing a new flavor on their posts and if you tag a friend in it then you can win all of their new flavors! Currently we're at: Birthday Cake, Cold Brew Coffee, and Black Cherry Chocolate Chip :)

Oh my goodness I live in Maryland so I'm not near any Graeters and no normal grocery store has them around me, but I found them at a local natural market and they're DELICIOUS. Unfortunately, I haven't found any shipping discounts let alone free shipping for ice cream, usually it costs companies a ton of money to mail their frozen treats on dry ice so they hardly do this. Actually... I think I've seen free shipping codes in my email before from Forte Gelato and Dippin Dots, but that's really it. Halo Top's website would probably crash if they ever offered free shipping!
    Honestly not impressed at all. Wasnt as sweet as their regular mixes and didn't taste like red velvet. The ginger shred is still my absolute favorite with the cocoa crave right behind it... kind of regret ordering as many of these as I did haha!
    8wc1oxdwzxc6.jpg

Can you return them in exchange for another flavor?

They would probably do this, but they're a small company and the owner is really nice so I'm not putting her through that. It's not like I hate it, it's just not my favorite. It's really good (fluffier for some reason but also sweeter) with a pack of Fuel For Fire's coffee banana fruit pack instead of apple sauce so I'll just use this mix to test different fruit purees xD
    6xix7p7m9dr1.jpeg
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I've seen a few tubs of Graeter's at Kroger but only very basic flavors, mint and chocolate. I know they're a well reviewed brand, but I balk at the idea of paying the higher price.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Last one I wanted to try

1476098981471.png

It's very bland. Doesn't really taste of pistachio. Disappointing (but at least I only paid $2.88 for the pint).

I love pistachio and I totally agree. I don't even think crumbled pistachios on top would help.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Did anyone else see those Ben and Jerry's pint slices on Junk Food Banter's Instagram? I can't have them but uhhhh one of you need them in your life because they look incredible lol

Walmart had these in a freezer end cap, but for the calories the bars seem to be so tiny just from looking at the box.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    C4Bquq7WAAAPP7-.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    zmdq5dr5sxv3.jpg
    y3ysu0r8q05b.jpg
    My Sweet Bricks Toffee finally arrived! I ordered Hot Mess, Coconut Cream Pie, Samoa, and Cookies and Cream.
    Tonight I tried the Hot Mess, which has pieces of Spicy Cheetos, and I can't say I'm impressed. Very, very weird. They did about as good as I'd expect a company could with Hot Cheetos, but to me the sweet/salty/spicy combination was weird and off-putting. However, I hate mexican chocolate so any sort of heat doesn't settle well with me when I'm combining it with desserts and perhaps others would appreciate this more. 2/5 for me, but my mom enjoyed it more.
    I also tried the Coconut Cream Pie, and.... WOW. My mom loves sweets and couldn't eat it because she said it was too sweet for her, but I LOVE it! SOOOOO Sweet! Very overpowering, super strong coconut flavor, and very creamy and soft but also a bit chewy! I appreciate both bitter foods (I enjoy black coffee), and very sweet foods (caramel macchiato with extra extra caramel and vanilla soy milk is always my go-to espresso drink), but mild foods bore me. Next time I'm looking for something to satisfy the extreme sweet spectrum of my dessert cravings I'll keep this toffee hidden away and ready to go. 5/5.
    oc7texzvrx3s.png
    n1nf2w3wluqc.png
    Yuck I never understood the chocolate/spicy combo..

The coconut one looks AMAZING though. How was the cookies n cream?
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    C4Bquq7WAAAPP7-.jpg
    I'm interested in the coconut.