Peloton- We regrets the purchase?

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    So, you have 2 little ones? Will they stay little forever or will they will grow and start riding bikes someday? Can you take them out bicyle riding on the Peloton? You sure can't. When my step kids were younger, we had so much fun loading up the bikes, going to parks with trails and going on long bike rided.

My mom did this stuff with me when I was little. It gave me a lifelong appreciation for cycling, and for outdoor exercise. That helps me manage my weight and health, but it also gave me a tool for happiness and stress relief.

We had a Nordic Track indoor exercise thing too. Used it to hang our clothes on. Very expensive clothes hanger.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    raven56706 wrote: »
    for me and having 2 little ones, i cant go outside biking. So was looking for options in house. Build your own seems sexy but just need to know which one works

So, you have 2 little ones? Will they stay little forever or will they will grow and start riding bikes someday? Can you take them out bicyle riding on the Peloton? You sure can't. When my step kids were younger, we had so much fun loading up the bikes, going to parks with trails and going on long bike rided.

Therefore, getting a real bike is a future investment on quality outdoor active time with the kiddos.

Riding our bikes has become a favorite family past time and I think that me being a cycling enthusiast has really had a positive influence on my kids as they are both avid riders at ages 4 & 6. They both started very young with balance bikes and are avid riders.

My oldest did a 10 mile ride with my wife an I last October...it was his first of what I'm sure will be many cycling events...he had plenty left in the tank too, even though he didn't have gears. He's getting a geared bike for his birthday in March and we'll really be able to start putting in some fun rides together.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    all true but i dont plan on outdoor cycling at all. Im looking for an alternative for cardio and spinning is helping. I have done it at my gym and love it. Looking for the easier to get to option at home
  • shirronluz
    shirronluz Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    question for all you peloton peeps, is there somewhere on the monitor that says the amount of resistance or gears that you put?

Yes, the orange knob on the bike sets the resistance and the the instructors for the classes will tell you to set your resistance to whatever #. The monitor shows the resistance level. It keeps track of your cadence, calories, output, resistance, speed/distance and heart rate.
  • lcgoss
    lcgoss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i have on just over a month and am really liking it. There is a Facebook group called Official Peloton Riders or the similar. Over 27,000 members, check it out and see want the Users of Peloton are saying vs. critics that don't have one
  • tealtortoise
    tealtortoise Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a Peloton and it is amazing! It is the best fitness investment I have ever made! I work full time and have a three year old. I am not willing to be away from him to work-out. This bike gives me everything I need whenever I need it. It is worth every single penny. I just rode this morning at 5am....rolled out of bed at 4:55, walked about 20 steps and did a live 45 minute class with Robyn, which was awesome!!!
  • tealtortoise
    Options
    anyone else have pelotons? and if so, do you worry about the company going under when purchasing?

This was a concern of my husband, but this thing is so amazing that I just don't see it happening. If you buy it, you will not be disappointed!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    shirronluz wrote: »
    question for all you peloton peeps, is there somewhere on the monitor that says the amount of resistance or gears that you put?

Yes, the orange knob on the bike sets the resistance and the the instructors for the classes will tell you to set your resistance to whatever #. The monitor shows the resistance level. It keeps track of your cadence, calories, output, resistance, speed/distance and heart rate.

Not power???
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Not power???

Wattbike and a subscription then...?
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have a Peloton and it is amazing! It is the best fitness investment I have ever made! I work full time and have a three year old. I am not willing to be away from him to work-out. This bike gives me everything I need whenever I need it. It is worth every single penny. I just rode this morning at 5am....rolled out of bed at 4:55, walked about 20 steps and did a live 45 minute class with Robyn, which was awesome!!!

dont worry about it. Since this i purchased it and it really is worth every penny. so far i have taken 23 rides and have beat my personal record on output twice.
  • tealtortoise
    Options
    dont worry about it. Since this i purchased it and it really is worth every penny. so far i have taken 23 rides and have beat my personal record on output twice.[/quote]

So glad you went for it with no regrets!
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

Not power???

Instant Watts, and KJ after a ride.

Not sure if it's directly measured power, or calculated.
  • arsook
    arsook Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just got the Peloton and have taken 3 rides. I love spinning and having it in my home is wonderful. I don't have to worry what I am wearing, can get dressed in a minute and hop on the bike. I am very happy with it.
  • theladybaha
    theladybaha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had the bike for 2 years this November. Best decision ever. This company is not going anywhere - (they advertised for the Tour De France, they have the $$), and the rumor is a treadmill will be following shortly. I ride it 3-4 x a week and love the convenience. My husband is into IronMan racing and he rides his tri - bike on a smart trainer using zwift but has occasionally used my bike (when his is in the shop) and loved the workout. The trainers are excellent and they have guests teach the class occasionally that have ridden the TDF. Also included are scenic rides. There is literally something for everyone. My son (11) also rides this. You can add several users on the account and they can track their own progress. Now for all those naysayers that said it wont get used, that is not because of the bike - its awesome. The pedals are Look pedals and you don't have to buy the shoes, you can buy your own -- and yes Look pedals are still frequently used in the Tri -world. Is the bike pricey -- yes but figure how much time you are saving not going to the gym or a spin class, and riding on a fantastic bike - worth it! Need more details? hit me up-- I love my Peloton :)
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a relative that does fitness equipment repair. Ha calls peloton bikes expensive junk. Most repairs of any bike.
  • RPhRick
    RPhRick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love my peloton!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see the title of this thread I think of Sméagol:

We regrets the purchase, don't we precious?
  • Aim21les
    Aim21les Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We just bought it a few weeks ago and love it!! The beginner rides are perfect for my husband. I love the sorting feature on the tons of classes. I'm currently sorting by 30 minutes and music I like and then trying out each of the instructors. My husband is sticking with the 20 minute sort and beginner rides. I think we're going to stick with the non-live rides until we're comfortable. Maybe a few weeks. It's very cool that you still compete against others on the taped rides :).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you whether you will use it or not. You know yourself well enough to know if you wil.
  • Patricehm16
    Patricehm16 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not an outside cyclist and never will be, but I love spinning! I actually have been teaching spinning/indoor cycling for 8 years and love it. Our club replaces the cycle/spin bikes every 4-5 years. These commercial bikes run about $2,000 each. When I first saw a peloton commercial I wanted one so bad!! I have no problem spending the 2 grand on the bike, but once I realized u had to pay $30-40 a month for membership I was out. Plus our internet is not strong. They have an awesome idea, I think they need to bring the price down for subscription. Or maybe somehow allow those with a bike already, have access to the online classes with monthly payment. $30 a month for access is cheap. If I have to spend 2k for a bike too, that might push some out.