How long do you spend at the gym?

Options

Replies

• sewiggle
    sewiggle Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do about 20 minutes cardio (10 minutes at the start and finish) and then about 30/40 minutes weights, 4/5 times a week
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    65 min elliptical, 30 lifting. Everyday so far.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym, I'm paying the drop-in rate, so I'll go for a good 1.5 hours. And it will be mostly cardio.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    30-60 cardio
    30-45 strength
    20 warmup, stretch, rolling

I used to do this 6-7x/week for like 2 years but now I'm down to no more than 3x and I'm proud of that. I can get carried away sometimes.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My strength training is typically 30-45 minutes tops. Depending on the type and what I'm training for, my cardio/conditioning can be anything from 10 minutes to 5 hours (but usually 15-60 minutes though) Other than my long endurance training, my typical workout session is almost always under an hour.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    90 minutes lifting (2 to 3 minutes between sets), followed by 30 minutes of cardio, usually running or stationary bike.
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have/can spend up to 2.5 hours at the gym. However, this usually happens when the gym is packed and I have to wait to do some of the exercises i want to do or I get chatting or I choose to do a full stretch machine. I've noticed my chest/shoulders/triceps lifting day takes me the longest to complete.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    2-2.5 hours of lifting. No cardio. 4x per week. Some sessions at the beginning of a training cycle can be finished in 1.5 hours. Later in a cycle it can take me an hour just to squat.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I do four 50-60min lifting sessions per week.
  • Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do 2 hours of lifting, four days per week.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    From an hour to 3+ hours. Whatever it takes to get my work done.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i lift 7x a week and go for 60-80 minutes depending on the day and then about an hour of cardio a week.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have to use the gym at my work so I really only have an hour to get in a workout. But that is just for lifting, if I am going to run I might go longer if it is at home, but lately my runs have been about half an hour.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Most of my weight training sessions take 30-40 minutes. I keep my rest periods to a minimum.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    About an hour to an hour and a half. I do cardio for 30-50 minutes then shower. I don't like driving home all sweaty and gross. Lately, I've been skipping the gym and just running at home.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I go three times a week and spend an hour and fifteen minutes. 55 minutes of weights and 20 minutes on the treadmill.
  • aubxspice
    aubxspice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    45 minutes. 30 cardio and roughly another 15 with weight lifting because I'm a baby and I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • 9Patty13
    9Patty13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    10 min cardio warm up, to get blood flow to muscles
    30 min strength (full body target) , muscle burns fat while at rest
    20-30 min cardio, cardio after strength makes your body dip into fat reserve for energy
    3 days per week
    I used to have a trainer and this was the routine.
  • rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I currently workout 6 days a week
    3 days with 60 min cardio (Mix of HIIT and moderate levels)
    3 days a week 60 min of weight lifting and 30 minutes of moderate cardio afterwards.
    This gets me thru the winter, then I switch to biking 4+ days a week.
  • laurenelderkin
    laurenelderkin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I typically try to workout every day (except I usually factor in one rest day, usually Sunday), but that doesn't necessarily mean at the gym. A typical day for Lauren includes: 30-45 mins of cardio, which is usually running the loop, on the treadmill, or eliptical. Then I do 10-15 mins of core. I alternate days with cardio and lifting. One of my favorite cardio activities is biking! Really works the legs and glutes!