Things You Didn't Know Before MFP

Options

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I had absolutely no idea how many calories I was eating per day. Some of the home cooked meals we used to make that I thought were pretty healthy, turns out they are not. They are loaded with calories, carbs, fat, sodium, etc. I have become so much more aware of how many calories different ingredients contain.

Also, eating back exercise calories. Still a hard one for me to let go of previous assumptions on this one.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I didn't know that I would meet so many amazing friends and that I would become addicted not only to MFP but to working out, it's all good:)
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I didn't know:
    how HORRIBLE I was eating... probably close to 3000 cals every day, easily! I'm at 1300 now!
    how much I miss my fried foods... but that will pass!
    the benefits of green tea
    what a NSV was
    there was even a site like this! LOVE IT!!
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Didn't know who the hell TOM was...:ohwell:

OMG! This is hilarious!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Realized what bump meant, and that 1200 calories is a challenge to stay at without feeling hungry.
  • txgator
    txgator Posts: 65
    Options
    I didnt know I would be here for 2 months and STILL not know what "NSV" , "HRM" or "Bump" is.

And who is Tom?
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize how many empty carbs I was really consuming.
  • taniux88
    taniux88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i know me either:laugh:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Didn't know what "TOM" meant either! LOL

Didn't know how much I "needed" a food scale and HRM!! Love my toys!! :D

Didn't know how many people out there were as OCD about fitness and nutrition as I am!! (Some even more so!! EEEK!! hehe)
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That at age 60, I could sling a kettlebell around, develop defined muscles in my arms, and love every minute of it! Thanks, MFP!!
  • taniux88
    taniux88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I didnt know I would be here for 2 months and STILL not know what "NSV" , "HRM" or "Bump" is.

And who is Tom?

TOM= time of month:wink:
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I didn’t know bump was a way of saving the page you were on for future reference, didn’t know nsv ment non scale victory..and still don’t know how to follow these challenges correctly but I'll learn LOL
    don’t know what tom means right now either......
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Didnt realize how much better a body can look when you work out. Didnt imagine that finally someone will inspire me to exercise. Now I can REALLY say internet changed my life!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    That I was drinking almost my entire allowance in sweet tea almost daily.
  • txgator
    txgator Posts: 65
    Options

And who is Tom?

TOM= time of month:wink:

YIKES! ok...and BUMP? Dare I ask?
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    There's a lot I didn't know/realize o:. So here's a few!:

1. That I have been undereating for years (Which means all those times I wasn't seeing the weight loss, it wasn't just me being a failure!)
    2. That doing exercise would actually be fun.
    3. That a lot of my problems can be solved by eating more and exercising!
    4. That you get calories back to eat when you exercise.
    5. That there were so many great people out there who can/will support me in this change.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    1.) I didn't know how to measure portions on my plate (i.e. 1 oz of meat being close to the size of my palm).
    I just want to make sure you aren't misleading yourself (although I assume it was just a typo)....but the size of your palm (also the size of a deck of cards, etc.) is 3 to 4 ounces of meat, not 1 ounce.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • abigailhutch
    abigailhutch Posts: 101
    Options
    I too didn't realize how many calories I was consuming! I love tracking it all on here! Really keeps me in check when I know I have to add it to my diary! hehe! and I love that I have found MFP w/ so many great people and tips on here all working towards creating a better/more healthy life!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I did know or realize that there was so many people that were going through the exact same thing I was, and so many other's that had been right where I stand today.

I did not know that sodium could cause a plateau or cause you not to lose weight no matter how hard you worked