• Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good Hump Day.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    If you are within a healthy range, inches are a much more important measure to me.

I personally consider a smaller waist measurement and higher weight to be my holy grail body change. For my body type this is a certain indicator of muscle growth.

I second this. To get my stomach flat and my waist measurement where I wanted it, I've always had to get skinnier than I would like to be every where else to see a fat free stomach. I'll know I've nailed this whole thing when I see no fat on my stomach, but still have a booty.

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I went from size 18 pants to size 12, the weight takes longer than the scale
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. I have been noticing my tummy getting smaller as well as my waistline. My thighs are more toned and I have put on more muscle. And well, I still have a big booty but more toned. Not sure if that is a good thing lol.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. Keep pushing towards your goals.
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Inches matter more to me, especially in the right places
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    spiveaa wrote: »
    Inches matter more to me, especially in the right places

Exactly!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to be 'that' person, but having seen it several times on this thread: Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. Muscle is denser than fat so for a given mass, say 1kg, the muscle occupies less space in your body. Which is how a person can lose inches and but not lose mass.

eda7zygl37sp.jpg
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Just google, 'same weight, more muscle"

7ihaiowr9dys.png
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
  • unrelentingminx
    Options
    But if a person loses inches over their body, they have lost volume...
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to be 'that' person, but having seen it several times on this thread: Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. Muscle is denser than fat so for a given mass, say 1kg, the muscle occupies less space in your body. Which is how a person can lose inches and but not lose mass.

eda7zygl37sp.jpg

Thanks, I was just about to be THAT person, myself.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Thank you for all your recent comments. I like that there is a debate on muscle vs. fat weight. I have found that I have been losing inches quicker than actual weight. I figured because I am gaining muscle.
  • unrelentingminx
    Options
    "Muscle weighs more than fat for a given volume"

'Muscle is denser than fat"

I know which I'll be using for brevity.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Truvanessa wrote: »
    Thank you for all your recent comments. I like that there is a debate on muscle vs. fat weight. I have found that I have been losing inches quicker than actual weight. I figured because I am gaining muscle.

Are you on a progressive lifting program? Because if you aren't, you likely aren't gaining muscle. Many new lifters experience what is called 'newbie gains' where they can gain muscle in a calorie deficit. However, if you are doing mostly cardio and eating in a deficit, you aren't gaining muscle. And, even if you are, it is in no way enough to offset the weight loss you should be seeing with a calorie deficit.

I'm not trying to be snarky, it's just that building muscle is really hard, especially for women. I'm talking if you are doing everything right including diet and eating in a surplus...women can expect to gain around 1 lb a month. If you're just doing cardio and not eating above maintenance, it isn't massive muscle gains.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Truvanessa wrote: »

Are you on a progressive lifting program? Because if you aren't, you likely aren't gaining muscle. Many new lifters experience what is called 'newbie gains' where they can gain muscle in a calorie deficit. However, if you are doing mostly cardio and eating in a deficit, you aren't gaining muscle. And, even if you are, it is in no way enough to offset the weight loss you should be seeing with a calorie deficit.

I'm not trying to be snarky, it's just that building muscle is really hard, especially for women. I'm talking if you are doing everything right including diet and eating in a surplus...women can expect to gain around 1 lb a month. If you're just doing cardio and not eating above maintenance, it isn't massive muscle gains.

Not all women build muscle at the same rate. Building muscle is easier for some than others.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    TGIF people! Hope everyone will have a good day.