Sick of water

Options
2»

Replies

• CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I actually never ever drink plain water, ever! I find it boring and hard to get down. I ususally carbonate my water and add some sort of juicy fruit to it to give it some pahzaz.

Bubbling up my water makes it feel like a corbonated (pepsi) drink but a lot healthier :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea. Iced, hot, doesn't matter, I love it all. You can also try infusing your water with different fruits to give it a little flavor with few calories.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    pamelawh wrote: »
    stay away from diet drinks. they aren't any good for you. if you want to pump up your water, get lemon concentrate and put a squeeze in or buy a lemon or lime or orange and put a squeeze in. water keeps you hydrated and it has benefits like your skin looking better. don't give up on water.

This isn't true.

Diet soda is 99% water, have as much sodium as tap water, too. And aspartame? It's not as scary as you'd think:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • darbydean
    darbydean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make my own lemonade... 1 can of seltzer water, juice of half a lemon and half a lime, sweetener to taste. I use home made sugar syrup, but i have worked my way down to about a tea spoon.

Also very nice with a sneaky shot of vodka or gin!!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I never drank as much soda as you did, but I used to have one or two a day. I found that the LaCroix sparkling waters satisfied my fizzy drink craving pretty well. I especially like the Coconut and Grapefruit flavors.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see that the anti-diet soda arguments were just as baseless 9 and half years ago as they are today.

And I'm always careful to check the dates of threads to make sure they aren't zombies!

2007, 2017, whatever.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    It's nice to see that the anti-diet soda arguments were just as baseless 9 and half years ago as they are today.

And I'm always careful to check the dates of threads to make sure they aren't zombies!

2007, 2017, whatever.

Quite frankly, I prefer 2007 to 2017. Can we please go back?

Maybe this thread is a portal in the time-space continuum!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Jfc. I need more coffee. :laugh: No, scrap that. I need a caffeine IV. A 2 hour sleep night derps me.
  • ValkyrieFury79
    ValkyrieFury79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lashonda wrote: »
    I used to drink at least one and sometimes two whole 2 liters of Pepsi a day. It was very common for me to go several days with no water at all. Now that Im tring to change my bad ways and lose some weight I have only had water and quite frankly Im sick of it. If I never see another glass of water again that would be fine with me.

Has anyone found a good diet drink out there that you really like?
    Anything to keep me from a major Pepsi relapse.

I absolutely HATE water and am trying to drink it everyday as well - i have found Mio makes these flavor enhancers for water and the best (no diet tasting) ones I have found so far are the Sweet tea and Orange Vanilla flavors. they definitely help because without them, i probably would only drink water when I take my vitamins in the morning.