Does your significant other know?

Options

Replies

• garrettnicole92
    Options
    My boyfriend knows, but he doesn't care. He only gets annoyed when I talk about calories ... but it doesn't matter to him, because he's trying to gain weight.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    "For those who understand no explanation is needed, ...For those who don't none will do". - Jerry Lewis

Living for a spouse/friend/Significant other that does not embrace your 'life' plan is no way to live.

Life is too short to:

Drink bad coffee
    Put up with controlling people
    Wait for tomorrow

AGREE!!!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    my hubby uses the android ap on his phone but it isn't accompanied by the message boards and friends -only calorie logging. he knows my addiction to the site but he knows its helping me so he doesn't care
  • laceylovespink
    Options
    My husband knows. But he's jealous of my phone in general. lol If I'm on it, its either text messaging, FB or MFP. Drives him insane.

my husband too. Throws a FIT if I'm on my phone or internet and he's around. always tells me I'm talking to my boyfriends :(
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    w...o....w eye openers...
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a closet MFP'er..husband has no idea this board even exists..Don't want him to see the acutal "numbers" I've so honestly posted on here..Crazy thing is he's my biggest support for the most part.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    The wife and I signed up with MFP together, we both have an account, and log our food and exercise daily. We generally log using the phone app. I enjoy the website as well for the forums and for getting ideas and so forth. She doesn't use the website like I do but doesn't mind that I do. I find MFP to be a better use of my time than Facebook. I can come on here and get ideas, share ideas, research different workouts, equipment, foods, etc. Its nice to come to a place where people are working towards a common goal.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows that I've lost weight, but I was only about 5 lbs heavier when we started dating. He knows that I use a website to count calories, but he doesn't quite know what MFP is.

We haven't been together long, so I've been trying to avoid the "I used to be fat" thing.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    yes he knows...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I walk about MFP all the time. He does not have an issue with it whatsoever. But he spends most of his free time playing Scrable online so he can hardly say boo about what I do.
  • EdieBird
    EdieBird Posts: 38
    Options
    Mine is a member here as well, not very active, but a member. We read each other posts we find interesting or amusing, compare food diaries to make sure we're both logging the same dinner (do you KNOW how many entries there are int he food library for ribeye steak???).

We work out together every day and pretty much talk about everything, so this site, no big deal to us.
  • LovelySophiya
    Options
    when i had a significant he was very very jealous of my cell phone, my tanning, my MFP, my FB, my email...he knew all my passwords and everytime my phone rang he was right there looking at me.......but he was VERY VERY MAD about MFP..he didnt like guys writing me...ahh just makes me sick...he drove me too:drinker:
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    We both have accounts, although he doesn't post or anything. We just use it to track for him, and quite often I will log his meals since we pack breakfast and and lunch. It is a joint effort to change our habits :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My hubby knows I'm on this site, he actually asked me last night what I was doing and I said "updating my profile" and he laughed and just went about his business. He knows that I've lost a tremendous amount of weight on here and also joined a few months back. However he hasnt logged in about 3 months lol. He doesnt need to lose any weight or else we'll be competing here haha:laugh:

Anyhow usually when a spouse feels that way theres some sort of insecurity issues. I would just talk to him about it and see why it bothers him. Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My ex hated the internet...he would not have anything to do with it! So no he didn't know anything about MFP because the word INTERNET or anything associated with it was not ever brought up when he was around! I even had to delete all his family and friends from my FB account because they would read something on there I posted and mention it to him and he would go ballistic!!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    w...o....w eye openers...

I agree!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yep, he knows... and he has his own MFP account. :laugh:
  • Georgefathers
    Options
    GF and I joined together to motivate eachother and help each other out if our motivation drops down! best way to be, have a supporting other half :)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    That's funny people's significant other's care so much. My wife knows I go on here and she doesn't give a crap.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    He knows, and he actually has an account, but never uses it. If anything, HE'S the one that has another wife and child; his XBOX 360. Sigh.