Missed Opportunities

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    My parents talked at length yesterday about a house in our town that was built in the 20's they wanted to buy some 30 years ago. They remember all the beautiful details and old antique furniture, how awesome it would have been to live in a grand home that had so much history, but my mom was pregnant at the time and the house was just over budget and needed work. The house and the 5 acres it was on was only $150k, today it's worth $410k. I worry if it ever goes back on the market, they'll buy it on an impulse and be stuck with a money pit.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Minnesota Dan.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Last Aug there was a guy in KMart who actually struck up a conversation with me. Which never happens! He was prob my age, attractive and looked fit, he was wearing gym shorts and a tshirt. He was in line ahead of me and continued to talk to me while I was being rung up. He seemed to be purposely taking his time putting his receipt away like he was waiting for me to be done. I was trying to give my attention to him but the cashier was yammering away about the weather and I was trying not to be rude to her. Just as I was almost finished paying he left. :( I walked out hoping he was waiting but he was gone, never to be seen again. I look for him everytime I go in there now. Lol

Awww that's like so romantic but with a crappy ending Sorry who knows he may still live around there
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    I wish I would have listened to my instincts and called it quits before my wedding.

If you could see my wedding pictures from my first marriage, you would laugh so hard at how much you can tell I was already regretting it.

OMG! Me too! I look at them and all I can see is myself thinking "WTF did I just do??"
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    I wish I would have listened to my instincts and called it quits before my wedding.

This makes me sad as well. If you're really unhappy and the things that make you unhappy can't be fixed, get out while you're young. Being single in your 40's sucks *kitten*.

I don't mind. I find I'm not as uptight about being single in my 40's then I was in my 20's. I have A LOT more interests now...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Last Aug there was a guy in KMart who actually struck up a conversation with me. Which never happens! He was prob my age, attractive and looked fit, he was wearing gym shorts and a tshirt. He was in line ahead of me and continued to talk to me while I was being rung up. He seemed to be purposely taking his time putting his receipt away like he was waiting for me to be done. I was trying to give my attention to him but the cashier was yammering away about the weather and I was trying not to be rude to her. Just as I was almost finished paying he left. :( I walked out hoping he was waiting but he was gone, never to be seen again. I look for him everytime I go in there now. Lol

Had he waited for you outside, wouldn't that have come off as creepy?

What would you have had him say to you as you left the store?

Also. .. respect for admitting that you were shopping at Kmart; I would have changed the setting to Neiman Marcus.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited February 2017
    I wish I had gone to Willie Nelson's bus when he played at Red Rocks a few years ago. His son Lukas was waving us over but my friend was a snotty *kitten* and blew him off. I should have left her at home.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    on 18 I was 110 out and in the middle of the fairway. Hit my approach about 10 yards right of the stick and into a bunker. Bad outcome, but no biggie. Hit my shot out of the trap to about 4 feet. Good shot, not great, but it'll do.

Lipped out the putt for a bogey and a 70 (72). Only round I've ever played that was legit under par. Missed it by that much.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I missed a chance to get a dread disease. I was shopping for a tool, and needed to find a vertical structural frame member hidden behind drywall. I placed the item on the counter in front of the cashier. She glanced at it and said, "I'm a lot better stud finder than that."
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Had he waited for you outside, wouldn't that have come off as creepy?

What would you have had him say to you as you left the store?

Also. .. respect for admitting that you were shopping at Kmart; I would have changed the setting to Neiman Marcus.

No, cause I found him attractive! Lol I wish he'd asked for my number and/or a date.

Yup. Kmart. Go figure.

Blue Light Special

Look up ! Look around!
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    I'm afraid if I went back to change anything, for me it would be like the Butterfly Effect and I'd screw things up even worse.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member

Sounds like that was the jackpot. I mean I haven't seen a Kmart in years.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    My then-boyfriend and I went to Argentina. He was tired our first night and went to bed; I was wide awake and wanted to have some fun. I wandered into the bar across the street and ended up drinking with a stunning Lebanese girl that I really connected with. I don't know what else might have happened that night, but it didn't matter - my boyfriend came and found me when he decided I had been gone too long. I broke up with him a couple of weeks later, and I really regret not finding a way to keep in touch with her.
  • Motorsheen
    My then-boyfriend and I went to Argentina. He was tired our first night and went to bed; I was wide awake and wanted to have some fun. I wandered into the bar across the street and ended up drinking with a stunning Lebanese girl that I really connected with. I don't know what else might have happened that night, but it didn't matter - my boyfriend came and found me when he decided I had been gone too long. I broke up with him a couple of weeks later, and I really regret not finding a way to keep in touch with her.

I see an art film here, I damn sure do.
  • Motorsheen
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    Well, there was that girl in Boston and that one in Atlanta (and that other one in Atlanta ) and that one from Santa Barbara. ... and San Diego... and Santa Fe.

Dang, I struck out more than Pete Rose.

But he's in the Hall of Fam...

Nevermind.

Exactly.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    edited February 2017
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of my baseball career. I always wanted to go pro as pitcher but never had a chance since a shoulder injury lead to surgery and then the end of my dream.. Instead I end up teaching and coaching baseball at the high school at the small town we lived in. When I would throw batting practice to the boys they would complain that I was throwing it too hard. I had no way of clocking it. Well, they challenged me, saying that if we won district I would have to go try out when a pro team rolled through town for open tryouts.

I agreed to their bet knowing we had no chance of winning district. To my suprise we did and I followed through on my promise and drove to an open tryout the Devil Rays were having. They liked what I threw, clocking me at 96 mph. I couldn't believe it. A 38 year old, post surgery throwing that hard! I could never get over 88 in my prime!

Long story short, I made it to the Show with the Devil Rays as a 38- year old rookie, pitching for them for almost 2 years.

I almost missed my opportunity. If you have one, take it!

*35 year old.

Unless you're not Jim Morris and this happened to TWO players for the Devil Rays, in which case I need to go brush up on my baseball history.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    I wish I didn't let him convince me to drop out of college.