Is anyone else counting the calories of the things they drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• WyattsMomKimberly
    WyattsMomKimberly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I log everything (coffee, gum, sugar packet) - even if 0 calories. Mainly because if I don't see results, I can look back and see what I'm putting in my system that may be slowing me down (like Diet Pop was the culprit last week).

How was diet soda the culprit preventing you from seeing results?

It stops you from seeing results because all the other chemicals and additives can actually make you crave real sugar more than not. Our bodies art designed to handle all the harsh chemicals we pour into them.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't log water, tea and core without anything added, or diet soda that's under 5 calories. Anything else, absolutely.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I log everything (coffee, gum, sugar packet) - even if 0 calories. Mainly because if I don't see results, I can look back and see what I'm putting in my system that may be slowing me down (like Diet Pop was the culprit last week).

It stops you from seeing results because all the other chemicals and additives can actually make you crave real sugar more than not. Our bodies art designed to handle all the harsh chemicals we pour into them.

Which chemicals would they be then?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    yeah...if your drink has calories and you're calorie counting, why would you not count the calories from your drink...

Also, what's up with this idea that diet soda has all kinds of sodium...it has a very negligible amount of sodium...do people read labels?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Um, no.

Which harsh chemicals are you referring to?

I've been drinking diet soda for about 25 years - at my lowest weights, at my highest weights and everything in between. It doesn't make my body crave real sugar. It's a beverage which is made up of >95% water and <10 calories. The other ingredients have been proven time and again to be harmless.

And I'll just go ahead and leave this here...
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Is this a trick question?
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    suede313 wrote: »
    I agree with the others that say every calorie counts. I log everything that goes in my mouth (except water which goes in another spot)

I was trying to figure out where you put water other than in your mouth... :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Is this a trick question?

Sadly, no...I've been around for going on 4.5 years and you'd be surprised at the number of people who are "doing it right"...but they neglect to account for calories in their beverages...in alcohol...in cooking oils, etc.
  • suckafreejones
    suckafreejones Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't log alcohol
  • sonic_corset
    sonic_corset Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    why would you NOT log alcohol? thats just silly.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    why would you NOT log alcohol? thats just silly.

I kinda just thought that was some MFP humor there. But, wow, no. Of all the beverages being consumed, alcohol should without a doubt be logged. Holy crow.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I don't log alcohol

That's...not wise.

(But if you're joking, well played!)
  • amartini66
    amartini66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes. A calorie is a calorie, whether it comes in a solid or liquid.
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes, I even log my black coffee because they do have calories, like 5 per 8 oz.