Ouija board

Options
kaizaku
kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
I watched a movie called Ouija. I was just curious, has anyone played on that board? If so what was your experience? Did anyone get possessed?

Replies

• M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes when I was a teenager. Me and my friends messed around
    Nothing happened...it did move but that was most probably someone pushing it.
    Iv seen that film also and nope nobody got possessed ha
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    M1ssdanni wrote: »

The things is.. You wouldn't tell us if you were possessed would you?!

giphy.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It's exactly like the movie.
  • M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    M1ssdanni wrote: »

The things is.. You wouldn't tell us if you were possessed would you?!

giphy.gif

This is true ..
  • skinnyfatty1983
    skinnyfatty1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i played Ouijia back in 1990s when i was 8 to 12 and i had mental illness at 17. please avoid it
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen I drew one on paper. I don't know why...I think it was mostly done out of boredom and me being rebellious towards my religious family but anyway, my aunt found it in my room as she was cleaning (as I was living with her) she told my dad and I got the biggest lecture of my life. I've never touched a board nor will I ever. Not even when I worked in retail. I refused to stock them. I guess that lecture worked lol
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    i played Ouijia back in 1990s when i was 8 to 12 and i had mental illness at 17. please avoid it

You don't have to tell me twice lol
  • skinnyfatty1983
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Don't be afraid if you have played the board either, there is a way out....
  • skinnyfatty1983
    Options
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    I've played Monopoly and used a game piece fashioned out of old boogers. Does that count?

I tried monopoly too. Sorry, monopoly do not count. You should play Oujia to experience yourself.
  • skinnyfatty1983
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »

You don't have to tell me twice lol

Don't be afraid if you have played the board, there is a way out...
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My mom swears to this day that in middle school the Ouiji board gave her my dad's name as the man she would marry. Then in high school she met him in choir and they're still together. I have tried so hard to get her to go back on this story and she wont. I have to believe her because would never lie about something so stupid.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My mom swears to this day that in middle school the Ouiji board gave her my dad's name as the man she would marry. Then in high school she met him in choir and they're still together. I have tried so hard to get her to go back on this story and she wont. I have to believe her because would never lie about something so stupid.

And what is your dads name? Not impressed unless it is RARE. Cause whats the odds of marrying a Michael or John or David? Like.. 1 in 10?
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I will never, go near anything like that, ..... Never mess with things you know nothing about... weather you believe or not.... Oh and in all the movies it seems the Catholic Church are the only authorities on the subject... I think that's crap.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Reaverie wrote: »

And what is your dads name? Not impressed unless it is RARE. Cause whats the odds of marrying a Michael or John or David? Like.. 1 in 10?

She she's it was first and last. First name George. Last name is not common at all.
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Okay, so when I was in middle school I got invited to a slumber party and the girl whose house we were staying in had a Ouija board and wanted everyone to play. I flat out refused to, then pretended to be sick so my mom could pick me up (fun fact: I can totally make myself throw up without sticking anything down my throat). I never went to that girl's house again.

I may not be as superstitious/religious as my older family members, but I still don't mess with *kitten* like spirits and demons and whatnot.
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    I will never, go near anything like that, ..... Never mess with things you know nothing about... weather you believe or not.... Oh and in all the movies it seems the Catholic Church are the only authorities on the subject... I think that's crap.

Smart man.

My sister had a friend who was Wiccan, which I thought was really cool up until she tried to convince my sister to perform a Samhain ritual at the cemetery. She got so mad when my sister refused. Our (immediate) family is super strict about not messing around with stuff like that. We have a few distant relatives who are brujas and practice brujeria but we steer clear of them for obvious reasons.

Like @Bonedaddy1975 said, you could possibly be inviting things that you can't control, and even if you don't necessarily believe in spirits/demons/etc, I think it's still wise to err on the side of caution, y'know?
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Ouija board? Yeah no I'm out
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    we have one, and believe in it. beware tho, it is scary.