Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bossymom15 wrote: »
    My goal this week is to weigh all my food. I'm not so good with this!

That's a fabulous small goal! Weighing my food, especially calorie dense processed snacks, is so enlightening. It's just too easy to overdo it if you're not paying attention. Hope you make it happen!
  • kaylene5
    kaylene5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1" so I know how unfair it is seems to be short when it comes to weight loss. I've lost 40 lbs and have about 30 to go. Hang in there we can do this. Add me if you like!
  • Cope_Jr
    Cope_Jr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you are careful and dilligent I found that a calorie deficit coupled with a ketogenic diet works well. Even if not totally keto and you go down to like 50+100g a day of carbs it works well too.

Feel free to add me. My wife is 5'3" and we lost weight together.
  • jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Jennslimp wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" and I need to lose 50 lbs as well. I have really struggled with this back and forth. I lost 30 lbs back last summer but then my younger brother passed away unexpectedly. When that happened I fell off the wagon and gained all of it back plus more. I'm starting off slow working out 20 minutes a day and eating smaller healthier meals. It's a struggle to lose weight and be motivated to do it. You can add me if you like I could sure use the motivation.

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a struggle but you can do it. You're already off to a great start! Keep it up! ❤️
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and the struggle is very real! I have yo yoed my entire adult life, I have never been successful at maintence but I will keep trying. Right now I need to lose around 15 pounds but would be thrilled if I lost 5 pounds. Eating under 1200 calories is super challenging. I'm happy to accept any friend requests.

Same here. All I do is yo yo back and fourth! I'm just not consistent! It's definitely a struggle eating under 1200 cals! But you can do it! And you will lose those pounds and keep them off!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    kaylene5 wrote: »
    I'm only 5'1" so I know how unfair it is seems to be short when it comes to weight loss. I've lost 40 lbs and have about 30 to go. Hang in there we can do this. Add me if you like!

Wow that's very inspiring! Great job on your weight loss so far. Amazing!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    Cope_Jr wrote: »
    If you are careful and dilligent I found that a calorie deficit coupled with a ketogenic diet works well. Even if not totally keto and you go down to like 50+100g a day of carbs it works well too.

Feel free to add me. My wife is 5'3" and we lost weight together.

Great tips! Thank you! I'm always open to try different things out. Congrats to you and your wife! It's really nice to see couples working out encouraging and motivating each other through their weight loss journey!
  • rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    At 5ft 2in wanting to lose 40-45lbs. No one seems to understand our needs to lose weight! Tall people hide it so well.

I had join a diet center a 10 years back for a friend's wedding. Instead of losing 20lbs, I gained it!! They kept insisting the calorie intake was correct.

It's hard to lose the weight, especially as you get older. Count me in, girls. Need all the support in the world!
  • cuadrado12
    cuadrado12 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 so I feel your pain! One great advantage that you have is that you're a chef!!! I've tried to make so many things and wish I knew the best ways to season them :)
  • shortgirlslim1
    shortgirlslim1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'0 and looking to lose 18lbs! Add me please ladies!
  • mazp12
    mazp12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and find losing weight sooooo hard but very easy to put on! With being so short weight makes me look a lot larger and wider than if I was tall lol
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    cuadrado12 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 so I feel your pain! One great advantage that you have is that you're a chef!!! I've tried to make so many things and wish I knew the best ways to season them :)

Lol yes that is a plus! But I have no will power what so ever! Being around food all of the time is a struggle on it's own! Lol
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    I'm 5'1...When you are little even a pound of weight gain shows. And I always feel like my "curves" are exaggerated. I have seriously at times gained two pounds and it's a complete dress size change. And the older I get the harder it is to maintain and fight all the crazy stuff that happens to women when the age.

I feel like mother nature and I are in a boxing ring on round nine.

Omg that is so true! 2 pounds can add like 3 inches!!!! It's so annoying! I feel your pain!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    mazp12 wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 2 and find losing weight sooooo hard but very easy to put on! With being so short weight makes me look a lot larger and wider than if I was tall lol

It is definitely easy to put on! Any little thing we eat can make us gain weight but it feels like we have to starve in order to lose weight!
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Very quiet on this board. Everyone still on track? I'm fighting a cold so really having to push myself to keep getting steps in and not resort to comfort food. It's Valentines Day....anyone have big plans?
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    bossymom15 wrote: »
    Very quiet on this board. Everyone still on track? I'm fighting a cold so really having to push myself to keep getting steps in and not resort to comfort food. It's Valentines Day....anyone have big plans?

I'm hoping everyone is still on track! I hope you feel better. My allergies have been really kicking my butt lately! No plans for Valentine's Day yet, how about you?
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I finally caught the cold going around work/home. Think my plans for tonight include going home to take a nap. We will celebrate our 22 anniversary this weekend, so we usually combine the 2.

Kepplekakes - Ahh don't beat yourself up too hard. Just start fresh tomorrow. Maybe a light day eating. It will probably come back off fairly fast. But wouldn't it be nice if it came off as fast as it comes on?
  • Sonrhiza
    Sonrhiza Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hello I am on the same boat... feel free to add me... as I need all the motivation that I can get.
  • MsObesityRehab
    MsObesityRehab Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I understand the struggle. What I detest he most is how tll people see a normal portion for my size and call it "kid's portions", I am 158 cm by the way (5'2). If I ate what a 160 cm girl eats I would gain weight like crazy. New friends are welcome!
  • percussion01
    percussion01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    im 4ft9, weigh 161. I should and used to weight in between 100-110. I just dont have the umph to stay on a diet.