Do you have any "banned" foods that you won't allow in your diet?

Options
tbullucks2006
tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Even though I know I can have anything I want in moderation, I have some foods that I've just banned in my head all together. It's so weird because I seriously don't deprive myself of anything. However there are some foods that I've heard along the way that were some of the worst choices that could be made at a meal so I don't touch them. For instance - Pasta Alfredo. I mean who doesn't love this stuff? With dieting though, I feel like i have committed a sin eating it. Even when I am not dieting I avoid Pasta Alfredo sauce because somewhere I've heard it's one of the worst things in life you can eat. I also no longer eat bagels for breakfast because I heard they are just empty calories. The weird thing is that I eat all other kinds of crap foods just fine. Does anyone else do this or am I just crazy? Well I know I'm crazy but does anyone else do this???? :D

Replies

• Jeprout66
    Jeprout66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I not only banned donuts from my diet, but from even coming into my house. They are like Lay's potato chips to me. I can't eat just one.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have banned warm potato salad. Barf

Don't go to interior Belize then...
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I have banned warm potato salad. Barf

Don't go to interior Belize then...

Thanks for the heads up!
  • amagangan
    amagangan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spinach. Life is too short
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    Creamed corn. It's disgusting.

Same goes for the skin on top of pudding.

Blasphemy! A pox on ye!

The correct answer is broccoli - vile weed!

I love creamed corn. I never get it because the wife hates it, but I love it. ;)
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I choose to abstain from processed sugar because if it is in my house, I will eat it. I am diabetic (type 2), and I am working hard on lowering my A1C. I just need to tame my sweet tooth with a lot of discipline. Sugar is my drug and it is soo hard to just put it out of my mind, sometimes...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Blasphemy! A pox on ye!

I will eat your vile weed. Do you want the pudding skin or the corn or both? I have leak proof envelope ready to go.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    The only foods I don't allow in my diet are foods I don't like. Period.

This.

And I make room for pasta alfredo. I highly doubt it is one of the worst foods one can eat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Blasphemy! A pox on ye!

I love creamed corn. I never get it because the wife hates it, but I love it. ;)

My mom used to make it on pork chop day. I love pork chops so much (never make them because my husband and daughter don't like them) but I always knew I'd have to eat some of the creamed corn too. Ick.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Not really...I was relieved to add bacon back into my diet, and now full fat cheese again. I've been on so many restrictive eating programs in the past, that just counting calories with MFP was quite liberating for me. Now, that's not to say that I don't try to moderate portion sizes when I'm trying to hit my macros, but for me, it allowed me to add stuff back into my eating program that had previously been 'forbidden' by other programs - fat, certain fruits, etc.

I'm happy to say that I'm now in maintenance, though I think I'm being more restrictive at times on myself in maintenance than when I was in the deficit process. So concerned that I'll gain it all back, that I'm probably harder on myself now than I had been when trying to lose.

For me, at this point, probably what keeps me from eating something is that it's just a pain to have to measure it or portion it out (for example queso...I don't want to have to portion it out, would rather reheat the full bowl and scoop...but then I have no idea how much I'm eating). I feel the same way about measuring out pastas. And I know it's more a mental issue, than actually being difficult to measure it. It's my own personal problem.