Any weigh in rituals?????

Options
Just wondering if anybody has any? I usually where the same outfit every time I weigh in. Honestly, I've seen better losses in the past if the day before weigh in is a rest day. Does anyone have any other rituals they do?

Replies

• BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I make sure I have a low sodium day in the 24hrs before my weigh-in! Otherwise, I don't do anything different. i weigh in first thing Sunday morning. With occasional sneaky peeks during the week... ;)
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. The water retention from muscle repair has had a chance to calm down.

I weigh daily, nekid, after I go to the bathroom, before I eat or drink anything (if I do by accident I don't bother weighing).

Then I log it on my weight trending app...interestingly I just notice that lately I've been having a small whoosh every 10 days or so. My graph is looking pretty lately :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yup...the following must happen for me to step on the scale.

1. Naked
    2. First thing in the morning after I go
    3. no wet hair
    4. no excess sodium the day before
    5. no exercise the day before

so the planets must all align...and they don't often so I get on the scale usually about once every 2 or 3 months...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Lol I have :D

Every morning: I go to the toilet, and drink two cups of water while sitting there. Then I weigh in wearing panties and t-shirt, while I make coffee. I step on the scale twice just to make sure I get a correct reading, although it always displays the same number both times. I log it in Fitbit, and every Friday I calculate the weekly average. I have been steady between 55 and 58 kilos for 98% of the last 25 months B)
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Every morning after going to the toilet and before eating/drinking anything. Naked, and after putting just my foot on it first to 'reset' it.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Great thread, I've been wondering this myself, as I have a few rituals from when I was losing...

Day before:
    - no new exercise (I do exercise, but I try to do something that I'd typically do to reduce the chance of excess water retention)
    - ensure I get enough fiber, or at least have some corn or popcorn in the evening.
    - watch the sodium intake
    - get plenty of sleep ~ at least 7-8 hours.

Day of (always Fridays for record):
    - prefer to weigh in mid-morning (I noticed my weight dips around 10-11am, and is heavier first thing in the morning)
    - only drink coffee before weighing in
    - go to the bathroom beforehand (try to do both before weighing - fiber the day before helps).
    - typically weigh in in my underwear
    - step on the scale until I get the same number three times (my scale has always been a bit flaky, and no it doesn't need a new battery - I think it sometimes depends if I step on it in the middle or if I've stepped on it a bit toward the back).
    - same day, I also take my measurements - neck, shoulders, chest, waist, hips, biceps, thighs, calves. I used to take them after weighing in, but now that I weigh later in the morning, I take my measurements first thing in the morning.

I'm a bit more lax now that I'm in maintenance mode.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning, after using the bathroom, no clothes. and i step on the scale three times because mine also sometime needs to reset and will change between the first and second time, and then of course i need a third time to make sure that it doesn't change again. or, if it went up, to hope it somehow goes back down. it doesn't. then log into happy scale.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Each weekday morning:

Wake up, undress, use toilet, shower / shave, dry off, weigh, get dressed, grab coffee, take medications and supplements, head to work.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    No special rituals for me. It's more like a habit. I wake up every morning, go to the bathroom then step on the scale and that's it. After counting calories for so long I kind of blindly trust the process, even if I'm wearing a 3 pound sweater that spikes my numbers up.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    Every morning after going to the toilet and before eating/drinking anything. Naked, and after putting just my foot on it first to 'reset' it.

This. Not quite naked, but underwear. Have to reset it daily and it's still giving me the damn same weight all week. The it's on the treadmill for a 1/2 hour.
  • FitOneSoon
    FitOneSoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Use the bathroom. Take all my clothes off including Apple watch. Pray. Weigh.

:D "Lord bless this scale"
  • TaniaSofia31
    TaniaSofia31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Same here, except I don't have an Apple watch. :tongue:
  • cloverdaisy
    cloverdaisy Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Same here, except I don't have an Apple watch. :tongue:

HAHA, that thing weighs a lot, much heavier than my fitbit!
  • KatieBaack
    KatieBaack Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Haha, same here. I refuse to put my apple watch on until I weigh!