Do you have any "banned" foods that you won't allow in your diet?

Options

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Gluten - it really does not agree with me, we have the love/hate affair going on.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugary soda because it wouldn't work with my calorie goals. I avoided pizza for quite a bit because I am not to be trusted around pizza. I must eat ALL of it.

Now, I will make personal pizza at home or order a portion of pizza at a restaurant where I can eat the WHOLE THING.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    None that are truly banned but a lot that I typically avoid because they aren't worth the calories to me. Yesterday, someone brought fresh donuts and there was one with maple icing and nuts so I stashed it away and budgeted it into my day. I ate it right before going to the gym when I usually have more carbs anyway. I don't even remember the last time I had a donut.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    lilawolf wrote: »
    There are a lot of foods that I refuse to make if I'm not taking them to an event where I won't have leftovers or purchase for my home.

bwahaha. yep- My most calorie-dense goods are saved for potlucks. You don't want to know how many calories are in Arequipe (AKA dulce de leche)-drowned pound cake.

Dulce de leche is a godly food item.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Creamed corn is worse than dog's vomit......

Lies!

How about creamed peas with little pearl onions? Yum!

Cat vomit Bleh.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I still buy them on occasion but chips are my downfall. I've been pretty good at taking out the serving size and eating only those but I have to put the bag back in the cupboard immediately or else I will eat that whole damn bag and regret it later.

I buy a box of the small bags and just eat a small bag is all. It works for me, but I know someone else commented they would just scarf down a whole bunch of bags. If I have a big bag, I doubt I would limit to the same 30g.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    No...I have a lot of foods that I eat way less of than I used to...

I don't know where you heard that pasta alfredo is one of the worst foods you could possibly eat...it's calorie dense, sure...but not inherently unhealthy...the bigger issue with it is the serving size you're likely to get at a restaurant...same for just about any pasta dish.

Bagels aren't empty calories...I was just looking at the package of bagels in our bread rack...245 calories...48 grams carbohydrates...4 grams fiber...10 grams protein 15% RDA Iron...12% RDA magnesium. Rather than going by things you hear, look at nutrition labels.

Yeah, but some of the bigger bagels (from an independent bakery) can be about double that. I agree though, that the calories aren't empty. And I love good bagels.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    The *good* bagels (the only ones worth eating) always have a lot of calories. :(
  • Sara1791
    Options
    I banned *kitten* store sandwich bread because it's not worth the calories just to have a blank canvas for a sandwich.

I won't eat cooked spinach. I once threw a lump of cooked spinach off a third storey balcony into a vacant lot next door. I was five at the time, but I still feel the same. Fresh spinach salad is very nice though and I'll even tolerate lightly sautéed.
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Nah, although I do not eat pizza as much as I used to
  • SophieeBrook
    SophieeBrook Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I dont eat chips. I will consume an entire bag all at once! So no more for me.
    I also try to keep my processed foods at a low level.
    Plus I also don't eat meat, only fish once a week and sometimes butter and eggs, but only if I can't make the recipe without them.
    Oh and I also dont drink any kind of soda or juice that I haven't made myself, I never liked it, not even when I was a kid, so is not a ban, but stil :smile:
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I haven't banned it but I don't keep it in the house at all because next thing I know I will have eaten half the jar with a spoon.
  • Sara1791
    Options
    Reading about these all these banned foods is making me hungry. I think I'll go fix myself some creamed corn and pudding skin. ;)
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Yep, alfredo, bagels, shrimp scampi (it's shrimp swimming in butter!), pancakes, cream sauces, macaroni and cheese, mayo and any mayo based salads, most desserts, peanut butter, Nutella..

But I have no problem eating chips, candy, pizza, wings, burgers, fries, and other equally calorie dense foods. I don't know why, it's weird...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    kale.
    its gross.

actually, theres a lot of foods i wont eat, but, like kale, its because i dont like them and has nothing to do with calorie or nutrition values.

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The only food i have banned is pasta and thats only because it does horrible things to my body, bloating like believe and also itchy skin :( . I do love pasta but it dont love me so it is banned for life. All other food i eat within my callorie allowance and enjoy it.

@GillianSmith2 - hope you have discovered zoodles, the most awesome replacement for pasta ever!

The only thing I won't eat is deep fried anything. But only because it gives me dreadful heartburn
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    The only food i have banned is pasta and thats only because it does horrible things to my body, bloating like believe and also itchy skin :( . I do love pasta but it dont love me so it is banned for life. All other food i eat within my callorie allowance and enjoy it.

@GillianSmith2 - hope you have discovered zoodles, the most awesome replacement for pasta ever!

The only thing I won't eat is deep fried anything. But only because it gives me dreadful heartburn

My new food processor will spiralize anything. I made yellow squash and zucchini with it the other day and made baked fries. They were really good!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts - I am gagging just thinking about it. I can't even pass them by in the produce section without shuddering.