Do you have any "banned" foods that you won't allow in your diet?

Options

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts - I am gagging just thinking about it. I can't even pass them by in the produce section without shuddering.

Have you tried roasting them? So good.

I haven't technically banned anything. If I want something enough I make it work. But.... Often calorie dense stuff just doesn't seem worth it so I pick other things.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I banned, but there's different levels of moderation.

I try not to drink my calories so it isn't often I will have a drink other than water simply because it's not worth it to me. Every now and then I might have a fancy coffee beverage or an alcoholic drink or a soda, but it's very, very rare as I find I don't miss these things by not drinking them. If I want one I'll have one, but it's not often I want one.

Pizza I eat maybe once a month or so. Limit myself to. A slice or two. Chocolate I have almost everyday although they're so,e days I don't have it. Fast food I have once every two weeks. Mostly out of convenience than anything else.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,765 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything I've outright banned. Maybe whole chillis (because wimp) and marzipan (because gross).

My husband will eat the chilis and I will eat the marzipan. But I still can't figure out why fruitcake in the UK has marzipan on it. AND royal icing? fruitcake is already super rich.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts and carrots. I like Brussels sprouts and I like carrots, but cook them together and that is just nasty.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    @ritzvin My Lord. I googled dulce....can't even write it...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Soda and ice cream....I haven't banned them from my diet, but I only get them when I go out to eat or am visiting someone who offers. If they're in the house, I can't drink/eat just one serving.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I ban these and it works.

1. eating at the mall
    2. eating at any stadium or sporting event
    3. Fast Food
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »

(snippage by reply-er)

For me, at this point, probably what keeps me from eating something is that it's just a pain to have to measure it or portion it out (for example queso...I don't want to have to portion it out, would rather reheat the full bowl and scoop...but then I have no idea how much I'm eating). I feel the same way about measuring out pastas. And I know it's more a mental issue, than actually being difficult to measure it. It's my own personal problem.

Maybe weigh the whole bowl of queso, scoop at will, weigh the bowl of queso again, subtract, log?

Back on topic:

No banned foods, but quite a few things that just don't seem worthwhile anymore. Like others, I'm not gonna eat crap baked goods or desserts, only fabulous, ambrosial ones.

And I can mostly resist chips, but traditional taco-flavor Doritos can't come in my house very often, because I will gobble them very very quickly.

• MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Foods have to pass the nutrition to calorie test or the deliciousness to calorie test. If it's not nutritious or delicious then it's a no.
    When I first started I would only drink water because when I went to pour anything else I thought "oh no, this is taking calories away from solid foods I could eat." I have added milk back now.
    I avoid looking at pop tarts at the store. Not satisfying enough for the calories. It's hard to eat just 1-2 oreos because of habit. No problems with other cookies or sweet treats. I've even fit ice cream in! <3 Lost 10 pounds so far! :)
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sure do the foods I don't care for like celery I dislike the texture
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Absolutely. Because I have learned from my mistakes. Some items I will allow only if I am not craving them. That is when I am more likely to over indulge.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Shellfish. Due to anaphylaxis.

Chester Cheetos puffcorn. Literally the only food I cannot control eating. Can eat an entire large bag at once.

And homemade alfredo is amazing! All that yummy cheese, butter, and heavy cream. I need to make this this week.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Spoiled and rotten. Oh and liver.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know is banned is coconut. My wife pukes at the smell of it so I don't have any in the house. I'm sad.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Water chestnuts. So gross.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Anything I have banned is because of a financial diet.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Pie...pecan pie, apple pie, cherry pie, banana cream pie, blueberry pie. I have no self control with pie. My husband bakes them and I will eat them til they're gone.
  • tbullucks2006
    tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lord some of you having me laughing so hard that I am in tears!!!! Creamed corn and pudding skin? Peas with pearl onions? Worse than dog vomit? I can't!!!!