Posting My "Befores"...

Options

Replies

• MyOptimalLife
    MyOptimalLife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You have so got this!!! Go girl x

Thanks so much, @Littletoepeep I appreciate the encouragement!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    Anthoula75 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, such wonderful and inspiring stories in here. I realize that eating food that nourishes my body is important but I didnt get to this weight by eating healthy, it's a challenge. Some days I just want pizza, all within my calorie count. Does anyone else do this and still lose weight?

Hi @Anthoula75 . Right?! I love MFP for the super inspiring stories. Maybe I'll be one of them too. :) In the past, I've done that, but it's never worked for me because I'd always spiral out of control which is why I'm trying something different. I think you'll find a lot of people on here will say you can do that, but you may not feel as "fueled" if you did that vs eating healthy, "clean" foods. Hope this helps (from my perspective!).
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    Congratulations! You can do it & we are all here for support! Feel free to add me!

Thanks so much, @chimonetabron2014 ! I just found out I'm 9.3 lbs down, so that's been pretty cool to see. Granted that's about 1/3 of what I've just gained in the past year. So.... fingers crossed! Sent you a request!!
  • chimonetabron2014
    chimonetabron2014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's so great! That's progress! More to come of course :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    This is a great step for you! I encourage you to save these clothes, so when you get to your goal, you can take an "after" pic wearing the same clothes, like I did in my current profile pic. Set a plan, stick to it, be patient, and you will get there.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to stop by and offer you some support. :)

I know the road ahead may seem long and overwhelming, but it sounds like you have a good plan in place and you always have all of us here at MFP for support.
  • yvettekeaton
    yvettekeaton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You've got my support! Looking foward to watching you transform!
  • annathebanana135
    annathebanana135 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    First let me say you are beautiful, and your journey is inspirational! You should be proud and i wish you luck! Stay positive and dont give up!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    This is a great step for you! I encourage you to save these clothes, so when you get to your goal, you can take an "after" pic wearing the same clothes, like I did in my current profile pic. Set a plan, stick to it, be patient, and you will get there.

@lorrpb - Thank you so much. That is a great idea! I will be sure to hang onto them...maybe for the rest of my life to remind me. :) You look like you have come incredibly far in your journey. Congrats!!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    I just wanted to stop by and offer you some support. :)

I know the road ahead may seem long and overwhelming, but it sounds like you have a good plan in place and you always have all of us here at MFP for support.

Thanks, @everher - Yes, MFP definitely seems like a good place for support. I don't have too many friends out here in Denver (mainly, because I'm too nervous to meet people at this weight), so it's nice to have the online support. Thanks for yours, specifically!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    You've got my support! Looking foward to watching you transform!

Thanks so much, @yvettekeaton - I'd love to stay connected!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    First let me say you are beautiful, and your journey is inspirational! You should be proud and i wish you luck! Stay positive and dont give up!

Thanks, @annathebanana135 . I hope to be pretty forthright when it comes to documenting my journey. The ups and the downs. Seeing others journey helps keep me motivated!
  • tealtortoise
    tealtortoise Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hope it's going well! I am three weeks into a new routine myself. I hope to drop 50lb+ pounds as I am back up to the weight I was the week I delivered my son. I wish you mega success and continued happiness. Keep us posted on your success!
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You are gorgeous, lady!! I'm nearing the end of my weight loss portion of my journey. I post lots of pics on my page. You're welcome to add me. Congrats on starting over again (took me a few tries before I commuted to this process!).

Edit: typo
  • klm62505
    klm62505 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think I sent you a friend request. Yes I said "think", I'm having issues with this site today. You can totally do this.
  • Ayrk
    Ayrk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request as well. There's a lot of up and down periods as you do this day after day after day. This is a great place to surround yourself with a positive, actively supportive group of people. I would love to be cheering each other on! Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    Hope it's going well! I am three weeks into a new routine myself. I hope to drop 50lb+ pounds as I am back up to the weight I was the week I delivered my son. I wish you mega success and continued happiness. Keep us posted on your success!

Hi @tealtortoise - I'm sure you can get there. We all can! I think for so many of this, this is more of a mental challenge than anything else! Let's stay connected!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    You are gorgeous, lady!! I'm nearing the end of my weight loss portion of my journey. I post lots of pics on my page. You're welcome to add me. Congrats on starting over again (took me a few tries before I commuted to this process!).

Edit: typo

Hey @lindseyjane18 - glad to hear I'm not the only one who's had multiple starts. Sounds like you found something that really clicked for you. What was it?! Sent you a request!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    klm62505 wrote: »
    I think I sent you a friend request. Yes I said "think", I'm having issues with this site today. You can totally do this.

I got it! I have plenty of issues with MFP as well. ;)
  • LittleMissRedX
    LittleMissRedX Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I started Optifast, and I feel good right now! How much have you lost by now? :blush: