Posting My "Befores"...

Options

Replies

• MyOptimalLife
    MyOptimalLife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    cgshall74 wrote: »
    Congrats on starting this journey! A lot of us are embarking on a similar journey. Good for you on posting before pics, I wasn't brave enough to that! I'm looking forward to seeing you kill this!

Thanks so much, Cghsall. It's exciting to connect with so many people on this journey as well. It helps to keep me motivated (while I salivate as someone is passing by my desk with something that smells delicious ha!). Posting befores are definitely the scariest thing I've ever done. Definitely makes you very vulnerable, but I think in the end it will be worth it! Best of luck!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    You got this and can't wait to see you in 2018

Thanks, Micahel. It looks like you've really figured out what works for you. Congrats on your success!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    RYIwill wrote: »
    Well, yuo know what they say, if you loose eyour weight slower it will be more sustainable, but I think kickstarting it is good! But it's also good taht you plan to go back to real food, it's so tasty. Hope to see your change till the end! Let's motivate ourselves!

That is definitely what I've heard as well. I think, for me, I needed a really structured regime with accountability that also is with someone else. Having a great time will set me up for success in the future as I start to introduce healthy foods back into my diet!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I'd like to share the road...

(sent a friend request...)
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good job for putting yourself out there! Thats the way winning is done!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Wow, impressive on you for putting yourself out there like that! Best of luck to you!!!!
  • drakeshattuck
    drakeshattuck Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posing in clothes, and not your panties as many do. Good luck to you, you'll do great!

One word of advice, EVERYTHING, no matter how small or apparently insignificant goes on the diary. If you don't, you're only fooling and cheating yourself. Even if you have a bad day, EVERYTHING you consume goes on the list, all the beer, shots, the handful of chips you grabbed on the way out the door. If you don't know exactly the caloric value, find something close and enter it. When in doubt, pick a higher value. For example, we stopped by a friend's house and she made home made pizza. I had one slice and then I looked up pizza and the values are from 300 to 800 per slice. I picked one at 460 calories because I knew the slice I ate was probably more like the 300-400 calorie range. That's right, when in doubt, over-estimate and you get less to eat, :wink:
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    Welcome back!

Good to be back, crzycatlady!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    I'd like to share the road...

(sent a friend request...)

I'm all about it! :) Accepted!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    Good job for putting yourself out there! Thats the way winning is done!

Thanks @JasonRainboze - It's scary to put myself out there like that, but I felt like it was a good way to keep myself accountable.
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    Thanks for posing in clothes, and not your panties as many do. Good luck to you, you'll do great!

One word of advice, EVERYTHING, no matter how small or apparently insignificant goes on the diary. If you don't, you're only fooling and cheating yourself. Even if you have a bad day, EVERYTHING you consume goes on the list, all the beer, shots, the handful of chips you grabbed on the way out the door. If you don't know exactly the caloric value, find something close and enter it. When in doubt, pick a higher value. For example, we stopped by a friend's house and she made home made pizza. I had one slice and then I looked up pizza and the values are from 300 to 800 per slice. I picked one at 460 calories because I knew the slice I ate was probably more like the 300-400 calorie range. That's right, when in doubt, over-estimate and you get less to eat, :wink:

Haha. Funny you mention the "panties" shot. I actually did take some in them and maybe once I'm further in my journey, I may post them. (Don't worry - I'll warn you ;) ) but strangely I felt like I looked better in those than in the ones I actually posted. Idk I feel that way, but it kind of surprised me (aside from the fact that I hate my stretch marks). Anyways...

Yes agree with calorie counting and guesstimating will only get you so far. Thankfully, the first 12 weeks are strictly Optifast with my doctor then we slowly incorporate good foods back in!
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is my second go around lost 50 gained 30 of it back through the holidays. Back on track again and gonna get serious this time and keep on it till I reach goal but I have a long as to go 75 lbs +. Looking for friends who are active and motivate and don't give up. I got off track but kept logging so up to 400 something days. I should be skinny by now! LOL!

What I need to remember is it's a life style change and not just a diet. Sent a friend request! Good luck! We'll luck doesn't have much to do with it. It's perseverance! LOL!
  • kmk1447
    kmk1447 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    This is my second go around lost 50 gained 30 of it back through the holidays. Back on track again and gonna get serious this time and keep on it till I reach goal but I have a long as to go 75 lbs +. Looking for friends who are active and motivate and don't give up. I got off track but kept logging so up to 400 something days. I should be skinny by now! LOL!

What I need to remember is it's a life style change and not just a diet. Sent a friend request! Good luck! We'll luck doesn't have much to do with it. It's perseverance! LOL!

I'm sure you'll do it again! We always have to keep in mind (especially those of us who've been overweight a majority of our life) that this is truly a lifestyle change and not a "diet." 400 days is impressive!! Let's stay connected and motivate each other.
  • Littletoepeep
    Littletoepeep Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You have so got this!!! Go girl x
  • Anthoula75
    Anthoula75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, such wonderful and inspiring stories in here. I realize that eating food that nourishes my body is important but I didnt get to this weight by eating healthy, it's a challenge. Some days I just want pizza, all within my calorie count. Does anyone else do this and still lose weight?
  • chimonetabron2014
    chimonetabron2014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You can do it & we are all here for support! Feel free to add me!
  • MyOptimalLife
    Options
    heelie1996 wrote: »
    you are really pretty!
    best of luck to you, so sorry anyone bullied you for your weight, people can be cruel.
    what is your goal weight?

You're so sweet, @hellie - thank you. Yeah, it's hard. I've had some really nasty things that have been said to me. I think because some people assume that if you're overweight you have no self esteem. Not here! My goal weight (right now) is 210lbs at 6ft. We will see if that changes!