Always below 1000 calories. Dizzy.

Options

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hey guys. I was diasgnosed with Postprandial Hypotension. The doctor said I'm not doing anything wrong and different eating patterns wouldn't really make it better or worse. I'm being put in blood pressure medication.

Not sure what was said that was removed, though I'm interested to know what it was. But thanks for sticking up for me. ❤️

I have some sutures in my head from hitting it when I fainted but other then that I'm feeling fine now.
    Much love

I'm glad you found out what was going on but I just want to note if it helps any that it's actually recommended to people with your condition to eat frequent small low carb meals.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    No matter how much I seem to eat i often do not even get to 1000 calories in a day. It's often 500, 600, 900. I feel very dizzy and light headed after I eat something with much volume to it. I feel faint if I have a somewhat large meal. Help?

Get professional help

she did, she stated it up thread
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Love how people just pop in and give advice and obviously didn't read the thread for updates. Glad you got it figured out.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Sooo glad you got checked out and got a diagnosis and some meds to deal with it! Good luck!
  • sarahrusse_
    sarahrusse_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yes wait times are awful.
    No im not fat, I've actually gotten quite thin because of this all.

Thanks everyone else for the love and support. ❤️
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Let us know how you're doing. I hope you feel better soon!
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If you continue to eat under 1000 calories your hair will start to fall out in about three months, eat nuts and I'm pleased you got a diagnosis
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    :smile:
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I was diasgnosed with Postprandial Hypotension. The doctor said I'm not doing anything wrong and different eating patterns wouldn't really make it better or worse. I'm being put in blood pressure medication.

Not sure what was said that was removed, though I'm interested to know what it was. But thanks for sticking up for me. ❤️

I have some sutures in my head from hitting it when I fainted but other then that I'm feeling fine now.
    Much love

I've just been lurking this thread, but I'm really glad you have a diagnosis and treatment plan to move forward. Thanks for updating us!

^This! So very this.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yes wait times are awful.
    No im not fat, I've actually gotten quite thin because of this all.

Thanks everyone else for the love and support. ❤️

<3 just wanted to add I live in Sydney, NS so nice to see fellow nsers here
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    @Sarahrusse_ I hope that you are feeling better today.

So gad that you have a diagnosis and can now work toward getting back to "normal".

Please keep us updated...we care.
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    Today I've been trying some different things! I'm trying to eat lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein and fat. :) see if it helps. So far, no difference. ❤️
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    It may take some time to get it figured out. I wonder if there is a support group somewhere that you can pick people's brains for some ways to help you get some food in. How often do you snack? You may need to just eat very small amounts every couple of hours.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Higher protein/fat may not eliminate dizziness from your condition but at least you are packing in more calories with every bite.
  • sarahrusse_
    Options
    It may take some time to get it figured out. I wonder if there is a support group somewhere that you can pick people's brains for some ways to help you get some food in. How often do you snack? You may need to just eat very small amounts every couple of hours.

I hardly ever snack! Maybe I should more
    Thanks
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Try nibbling on nuts.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I hardly ever snack! Maybe I should more
    Thanks

Also, do you have a blood pressure monitor at home? If not buy one. They make an automatic type which is nice. You just put the cuff around your arm and hit a button and sit still. It then gives your blood pressure and heart rate. This could help you check your blood pressure in relation to different amounts of food and therefore help you better discover what amount of food or even which specific foods seem to agree with you best.

Calibration of these cuffs is usually done at no cost to the customer. Usually you just call the customer service number and ask if they will send a shipping label so you can mail it in for calibrating. I have one by Life Fitness. There are many other brands. This one cost around 100 bucks.