Females opinions on this

Options

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    bishes don't like other bishes stepping on their territory.

Yes.. That's one of the reason they're bishes. But then we have the girls who don't really play that game... And they end up as the easiest target.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I believe she also said that if a female wanted another female out of the company, she would covertly go about doing it.

In my opinion experience it wasn't done covertly and was a very expensive mistake for the company.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    So I was listening to KGO (talk radio) and a business woman named Heather Monahan was the guest. And one of the things she said was that in the professional world, if a female goes into an interview at a company, men will be curious about her, but females will be offended by her. I'm like really?
    Do women really feel some sense of insecurity when another female may be added to the professional staff?
    Again this was her view as a business entrpeneur and coaching females for interviews.

Some people are naturally insecure and others are bi@tches. Regardless of their roles.

The woman is entitled to her opinion but, on the understanding this isn't a 'one off' then as she isn't sitting in the interviews then it's not actually an informed opinion ...

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've worked in a professional office environment going on 13 years...I'm not sure that "offended" is the right word, but in my years I've noticed that ladies seem to be rather catty and talk behind each others backs a lot while putting on a "friend" front when they're together...actually I've seen this with ladies who otherwise do seem to be good friends.

I've also noticed that there seems to be "problems" when a new hire is also kind of up there on the attractiveness scale...the other attractive ladies don't seem too pleased.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Women in the workplace can be downright evil. I worked in a group of ~20 where 17 of us were women--the backstabbing/cattiness was unbelievable. I now work in a small group (5) with 3 men and another woman--so much happier now!
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    bishes don't like other bishes stepping on their territory.

Yes.. That's one of the reason they're bishes. But then we have the girls who don't really play that game... And they end up as the easiest target.

yup! i work in a majority female field and it's ridiculous how much cattiness there is.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    My DW is an electrical engineer amongst many men in the same field. From my understanding she's treated quite well since it is a government job. One of the people she collaborates with at Lockheed (who's also female) doesn't get quite the same treatment.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • katjennings
    katjennings Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've worked as teacher and as an engineer in the construction industry. The women are as professional as the men. I will say that women in general are seen in a more negative light for minor things. Also, I find men more likely to gossip especially about sex. The construction industry is close knit and people travel all over the country. You know everyone.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I tend to be the only guy working in my departments etc............it a strain listening to women talk about each other all the time.

I know those feels
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    What???U can't call them their gender? Wtf is going on ...
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Social acceptability is overrated
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    So is calling a "male" ,well a "male" acceptable? Just curious
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    kwph wrote: »
    So is calling a "male" ,well a "male" acceptable? Just curious

call me anything you like, except:

late to dinner
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

the easier life becomes, we are more and more prone to be offended by minutia

do you think anyone living in 1940's Germany cared what they were called?

• NewlifeinNW
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    csbnga wrote: »

the easier life becomes, we are more and more prone to be offended by minutia

do you think anyone living in 1940's Germany cared what they were called?

Absolutely correct. Everything offends someone these days. Like people are just looking for something to be offended about.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have worked in a lot with female bosses and I would say it is far more corporate culture and individual personality over gender. I have seen some women who are sneaky, underhanded and almost evil and others who are really looking to help people get better and advance. I have seen men with the same traits both ways. I don't think there is anything inherently better or worse about women in the workplace, but where they have come from has a huge impact on how they act.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't, but then apparently I was born at age 30 and just got older! I do see a lot of petty *kitten* in my mother's office- there are 5 women, no men. However 4 out of 5 are on some type of mental meds, so that probably doesn't help.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    If I walk into the work environment and drop the word female, I'll get boos or worse objects thrown in my direction.

Workplace 2017 is all about equality and inclusivity.

Are I sure they don't throw things at you just to pass the time ?
  • Motorsheen
    edited February 2017
    Options

Perspective is healthy.

Nice article.....

Snowflakes are falling.
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options
    Pendulum has swung too far
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The notion that all women are catty is just another aspect of sexism. That women is doing herself and other women a disservice. Over generalizing is over generalizing. Yes, some women are catty. Maybe some types of workplaces are worse than other. Some men are catty. Some dogs are catty.