WTF did I just do? :(

Options
2»

Replies

• alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I think it's safe to say that we ALL have done this. Otherwise we wouldn't be on mfp. It's just one slip-up; there will be more, and yes the scale may not be your friend for the next day or so, but try not to lose all of your progress based on this one mistake! No one is perfect all the time! :)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    One more thing....I think the real reason I am upset is because I feel like I wasn't in control. I could care less about the calories.

It happens. What's important is that you REALIZE how you were feeling and will be able to recognize those same feelings next time.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Here's proof husbands make you fat!!! He didn't make me eat the pie but come on! It would be like putting a steak on the floor next to a dog and walking away.....:)

Make sure you drag him for a run tomorrow... he may not bring you pie EVER again though!!! :tongue:

Husbands do make you fat...mine ate pizza AND pancakes DRENCHED in syrup tonight...grrr...:angry:
    Fantastic idea!! I'll have to remember that one! :laugh:
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    One more thing....I think the real reason I am upset is because I feel like I wasn't in control. I could care less about the calories.

If you felt like you weren't in control, then when was the last time you allowed yourself to have a slice? If you keep denying and denying yourself just a little, then when the whole pie finally comes it's gone! I'm not saying satisfy your every whim. But if this is your favorite dessert then don't wait so long before letting yourself have a piece. It's a lifestyle. Not a diet. :wink:
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I lose control when I'm in the vicinity of red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I might not even want the second one, but I do it every. time.
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    Here's proof husbands make you fat!!! He didn't make me eat the pie but come on! It would be like putting a steak on the floor next to a dog and walking away.....:)

Make sure you drag him for a run tomorrow... he may not bring you pie EVER again though!!! :tongue:

I vote for this one!
  • ninjahonor
    ninjahonor Posts: 13
    Options
    One day won't kill you. That being said, good motivation! Additionally, some studies state that an acute influx of calories for a small period (1 to 2 days) could actually raise your metabolism. You just may burn it off quicker than you realize.