Rewards

Options

Replies

• RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Every 7lbs I get an order of nice bath stuff in and fancy face cream etc and every 14lbs will be new trainers or clothes :) when I reach my goal I'm going to have a KFC family bucket :D
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've never considered giving myself a reward....my motivation is to feel attractive, my ex hammered it into my head that I would never be attractive unless I lost weight (I was a size 14), and considering I'm 31 and haven't dated in 5 years, I think he may be right. So, maybe my reward will be a husband :P
  • FitOneSoon
    FitOneSoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Lots of awesome ideas! Surprised at the some what negative comments though. If you're not into giving your self a reward for all the hard work you've done fine. But whats to point in commenting if you're only going to be negative about something that helps others stay on track?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    yeah dont worry about the negative comments theres nothing wrong with rewarding yourself with some nice stuff, You work hard you deserve it :P
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I get to my final goal, I plan to get myself a nice piece of jewelry--maybe a ring or a watch--that I will see every day to remind myself to stay on track. For now, I'm just rewarding myself with new clothes!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I haven't really used rewards for mini-goals. New clothes are just an essential to me as the 52W looks really stupid on me now, so that's not really a reward. I know that I have plans to do some things this summer I couldn't do before, like zip-lining or being pulled in a parachute behind a boat. And I have those to look forward to, but I just don't have any little things that I am looking forward to ,

Having said that, I've no issue with folks wanting to get themselves something for milestones. I think it's a great idea and don't get all the negativity towards it. Really is annoying to read.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I've never considered giving myself a reward....my motivation is to feel attractive, my ex hammered it into my head that I would never be attractive unless I lost weight (I was a size 14), and considering I'm 31 and haven't dated in 5 years, I think he may be right. So, maybe my reward will be a husband :P

I've been married and divorced twice now. Told my current girl that I refuse to get married again until I can total Master in two different weight classes, and elite in one. She was amused, and approved. Luckily for me, she's never been too keen on the idea of marriage anyway.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Yeah whatever i get to reward myself is more to get myself working out more, As i said my nail polish i walk 2 hours to get. I have yet to get myself anything for hitting a certain weight its just stuff for like, New dresses if i wanna feel sexy (i can pull off dresses now holy *kitten*)

Definatly maybe try to think like me though, Small rewards that actually add up to more movement and beter results is a good way to look at it atleast for me
  • FitOneSoon
    Options
    I only have two so far, 10lbs lost=spa day and 20lbs=hiring a personal trainer. Still not sure what to put for 30 and 40 down. I kinda wanted something that would boost my self esteem and help keep me on the right track. So maybe some at home equipment. I have to get there first I guess. :wink:
  • lucyluvhandles
    lucyluvhandles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Vegas in April for my birthday so my rewards are cute and smaller clothes.
  • lucyluvhandles
    lucyluvhandles Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Your ex sounds like an *kitten*! I say good riddance! You are beautiful the way you are and I'm sure you will find a good man who will love you and support you. Don't ever let a man try to bring you down!
  • FitOneSoon
    Options
    My reward will be walking into my doctors office and firing him after he told me I couldn't lose weight without medication.

Keep us updated on that one! ;)
  • readytobeatfat54
    readytobeatfat54 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Rewards for losing weight seems like getting a trophy for participating in sports.
    So?

Changing behaviour is hard work. Rewarding yourself is fun.

You have loads of good advice, but sometimes... if you've got nothing nice to say, try saying nothing.

So true. We need to retrain ourselves to not want food as our reward. Reworking things such that something else is the reward, and food is simply a necessity but not an indulgence, makes it easier.
  • JaydedMiss
    edited February 2017
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Rewards for losing weight seems like getting a trophy for participating in sports.
    So?

Changing behaviour is hard work. Rewarding yourself is fun.

You have loads of good advice, but sometimes... if you've got nothing nice to say, try saying nothing.

So true. We need to retrain ourselves to not want food as our reward. Reworking things such that something else is the reward, and food is simply a necessity but not an indulgence, makes it easier.

pretty sure no one on this thread until you said anything about food rewards. So thats really good indicator of peoples mindsets
    Love small rewards :D
  • readytobeatfat54
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    pretty sure no one on this thread until you said anything about food rewards. So thats really good indicator of peoples mindsets Love small rewards :D

I'm not really sure what that means, sorry.

But for many of us it was previously true, when feeling bad we would dip into a pint of ice cream, or when not so glum would look forward to eating out. It made food the reward. Therefore I think it's only natural that in this hard work of changing our body chemistry we would want to replace such a reward mechanism with something healthier. I support it.

• readytobeatfat54
    Options
    On rewards, has anyone tried any of the various rewards apps? Basically they track how much you walk or your weight loss of your vegetable intake and 'reward' you with points which you can then apply towards gift certificates and such. I'm somewhat leery, but would be interested if anyone has any history using them?