Obese --> Triathlete -->Appalachian Trail

Options

Replies

• SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this! You are amazing! Triathlete here too btw :)

Yay! Hi fellow triathlete!
    kelisueray wrote: »
    Who's cutting onions?? I'm not crying YOU'RE crying! Wait. Jk, I am a little misty eyed from all this awesomeness and inspiration though. So great! Oh and thank you for the post and motivating words.

Aw, thanks!
  • addickens
    addickens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fabulous accomplishments that will be with you your entire life. Health and fitness is a lifestyle that makes it possible for us to fully participate in all life has to offer. All the best as you continue your journey.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm super proud of you! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Molly_234
    Molly_234 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! I hope to be able to achieve this one day.
  • annachristine1013
    annachristine1013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you should be a writer! lol I couldn't stop reading.
  • UltraVegRunnerBabe
    UltraVegRunnerBabe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! You didn't think this was a success story?! Even the tiniest pebble makes a splash, okay? Don't ever forget that. Keep striving for excellence. You look so much happier in those photos! You go, girl:)
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am just so inspired. Your drive and ambition is next level. I'm speechless!! Can I add you as a friend?
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Brilliant story - thank you so much for posting. I am training for my first triathlon and feeling worried about whether I will cope, but you have really inspired me.
    You must be so proud of what you have achieved! Got any new adventures planned?
  • SBRRepeat
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! You didn't think this was a success story?! Even the tiniest pebble makes a splash, okay? Don't ever forget that. Keep striving for excellence. You look so much happier in those photos! You go, girl:)
    Ha, alright, maybe the self esteem needs a little work!
    jenxbowers wrote: »
    Wow, I am just so inspired. Your drive and ambition is next level. I'm speechless!! Can I add you as a friend?
    Thank you! Absolutely!
    Brilliant story - thank you so much for posting. I am training for my first triathlon and feeling worried about whether I will cope, but you have really inspired me.
    You must be so proud of what you have achieved! Got any new adventures planned?
    Almost every race has a lot of first timers. Take your time, have fun, and don't over think it! And practice transitions- the 4th sport in a triathlon. Feel free to ask me any questions you have.

My next adventure is graduate school, actually. I was offered a really good job at almost double my previous salary when I got home and they'll help pay for my degree. So, I'll be a weekend warrior for a few years.
  • jparker3363
    jparker3363 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love this! You are inspiring. My dream is to thru hike the AT. I hope I get to one day. Thanks for posting this.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing and incredible story! I am intrigued by the Appalachian Trail and in awe of those who are able to do it! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such a great success! You are an inspiration!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I just read your story on page 2...so great! We often cross the PCT on our hikes and it goes through our mind...could we do it? Are we too old? We also cross or join up with the wonderland trail (around Mt. Rainier)...maybe someday!
  • AbbottJames
    AbbottJames Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is by far one of the best posts I've read in a long while. Thanks for being so candid! I'd like to hear more about the decision to split the thru hike into two sections. I've read books about thru hiking the AT and have always thought about how awesome it would be as I live pretty close to it.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You're adorable! Thanks for sharing your story and spreading some much needed inspiration! <3 it!
  • ashleigh315
    ashleigh315 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I loved everything about this post and your story <3 Could I follow you on Instagram?? Would love to see more hiking pictures!
  • Arcaena
    Arcaena Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story, thank you for sharing (and also for the motivation!) congrats on all you've accomplished!
  • SBRRepeat
    Options
    This is by far one of the best posts I've read in a long while. Thanks for being so candid! I'd like to hear more about the decision to split the thru hike into two sections. I've read books about thru hiking the AT and have always thought about how awesome it would be as I live pretty close to it.

Sure! The AT Conservancy has been encouraging people to "flip-flop" in order to disburse some of the overcrowding on the southern end of the trail during the season. I wanted to lessen my impact on the trail. Flip floppers are also statistically most likely to complete the trail, since we can start later, hitting better weather and trail conditions, and aren't racing winter to reach the northern end. Plus, starting in the mid-Atlantic allows you to start on an easier section of trail, as opposed to southbounders who start with the 100 Mile Wilderness, then the very challenging mountains of southern Maine and NH.
    It's an amazing trail. The community is absolutely incredible. Definitely worth it to at least try section hiking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!