Vegans?

Options
13»

Replies

• HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I have been veggie for 3 years and lean towards vegan ... this is a great site for recipes:

http://vegweb.com/
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Appetite for Reduction is a GREAT vegan cookbook. It's by the author Isa Chandra Moskowitz, who also wrote Veganomicon... everything I have tried is delish! And great for those trying to lose weight.
    I'm seriously surprised at the sheer volume of some of her portions for some of her recipes... they are huge for some recipes (caulipots) and relatively low in calories.
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me too! The Daiya is awesome "cheese!" Melts... and tastes great!!
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Appetite for Reduction is a GREAT vegan cookbook. It's by the author Isa Chandra Moskowitz, who also wrote Veganomicon... everything I have tried is delish! And great for those trying to lose weight.
    I'm seriously surprised at the sheer volume of some of her portions for some of her recipes... they are huge for some recipes (caulipots) and relatively low in calories.

It's a fantastic book... yes!!!
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the newer vegan cheeses like Daiya? My non vegetarian boyfriend loves the stuff.

Daiya rocks my world! I had given up on vegan cheeses as a whole, but daiya means I can enjoy quesadillas again! (as a treat, of course...it's not health food. :p)
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the newer vegan cheeses like Daiya? My non vegetarian boyfriend loves the stuff.

Daiya rocks my world! I had given up on vegan cheeses as a whole, but daiya means I can enjoy quesadillas again! (as a treat, of course...it's not health food. :p)

I generally use it on lasagna. Fabulous!
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ooh, that would be good too. I haven't tried it on lasagna.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    NO! Not only NO but H_L_ NO! It is not possible to maintain a normal healthy mass strength energy balance without including Meat in your regular intake!
    ( Just my personal opinion )
    bob

I've been without meat my entire life, my body system is very healthy.
  • BeHappyNHealthy
    Options
    There are some awesome soy based yogurts out there. I love Whole Soy and Co. Also, there are some veggie protein breakfast sausages. Have you ever tried to make vegan pancakes? They're super easy and awesome. I usually have oatmeal with bananas. have you tried making smoothies in the morning? Also, hashbrowns are pretty simple to make and some store bought brands can be vegan.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump.

Also, was going to recommend Appetite for Reduction, glad it got props on here. Also vegweb.com.
  • jenwarship
    jenwarship Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump it up! I've been cutting more and more animal products out of my diet and want to continue down that track. Thanks to you all that have shared your experiences and recipes! Yummy.