Maintainers weekly Check-in February 2017

Replies

• fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    @crzycatlady1 I hope that you eventually have at least started your settling in process. A big WELL DONE for being able to stay in weight range... one thing though- why take the doorknobs??? I mean all the other things sound crazy but that just seems creepy. Anyway, I hope that you have many happy memories in your new home.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited February 2017
    Name: Jen
    Total Weight lost:135+
    Time it took to lose: 2.5yrs
    How long in maintenance: I declared it at 140 last January, but that was too high for a petite lady. So not really in maintenance quite yet.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby) are the order of the day.

Week of...
    30th January: 127.1lbs

Week of...
    3rd February: 126.9lbs
    10th February:
    17th February:
    24th February:

Success of the week: It's hard for me to claim anything because I am pretty hard on myself and tend to see what I am doing wrong, but I will say I am pleased that I made an effort at my strength training this week, and an effort just now not to add "but I didn't do well with" at the end of this sentence!
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    edited February 2017
    Total Weight lost: 85lbs
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 2.5yrs
    Maintenance weight range: 165-170lbs (6' M)

Week of...
    End January: 168.0lbs
    10th February: 171.8

Success/struggles of the week: Work travel, eating outside my normal routine along with some drinks thrown in have thrown a wrench in the downward trend. Not to mention a lot less sleep. This weekend won't be much better so looking forward to shedding the water weight and some fat for a few weeks starting on Monday.

Amazing what only a few days off the routine can do with adding water retention. Was looking quite trim and defined mid week and that has now significantly reduced. :neutral:

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited February 2017
    Name: Tina
    Total weight lost: 60ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: ~8 months
    How long in maintenance: > 1 year
    Maintenance weight range: 108-114 lbs

Average weight recorded from previous month: 109 lbs

Week of...
    6th February: 109.6 lbs
    13th February: 109.2 lbs
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week: I registered with the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR)!!! :D I've been wanting to join even before I hit maintenance.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Name: Sherry
    Total Weight lost: 41 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 2 years (focused on fitness and developing good habits, not speed)
    How long in maintenance: Haven't officially made it, but I'm SO close.
    Maintenance weight range: 138-140

Average weight recorded from previous month: 142.4

Week of...
    6th February: 142
    13th February: 144.5 (AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH)
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week: TOM + traveling + not enough water (traveling) + birthday splurge = up 3.5 pounds. I've already logged my whole week and am ready to get this back to normal plus start back to losing the last couple of pounds.

Sherry
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Name: Nikki
    Total weight lost: 30 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 2 years (maintenance was hard for me, kept bouncing up)
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Maintenance range: 140 - 145

Average weight recorded from previous month: 144.1

Week of...
    February 6: 142.8
    February 13: 144.6
    February 20:
    February 27:

Success/struggles of the week: Still struggling with grain/gluten issues, which led to missing several days of running. Still under my top though, so I'm happy with that.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    Name: Kathryn
    Total Weight lost: 70 pounds
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months. I have actually dropped about 10 pounds below my original goal.
    How long in maintenance: Started maintenance July 25th, but still trying to actually maintain.
    Maintenance weight range: 126-130

Average weight recorded from previous month: 127.1

Week of...
    6th February: 125.4
    13th February: 127.8
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week: I am back in my maintenance range. It is weird to be glad that my weight is up lol. I'm not sure how much is water weight and if any is actual weight. We went out and splurged at Red Lobster over the weekend with drinks, appetizers and dessert which is really unusual for us. Plus it is TOM and I increased my calorie goal this week because I am trying to stop losing weight, so I do think some of the weight is water. But I am happy to be back in range and I will stick with this calorie goal for a while and see if I can get my weight to stabilize here.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Name:Fidan
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 9 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Average weight recorded from previous month: 72.8kg

Week of...
    6th February: 72kg on the dot
    13th February: 72.5kg
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week:
    Still not feeling well. I have just had enough of feeling down. Last week I said that I'll be aiming for 5k steps per day but I clocked in 10k-11k for six days however on Sunday I missed 10k by a couple of 100 steps boohoo.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    edited February 2017
    Name: Aaron
    Total Weight lost: 3 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 6 weeks
    How long in maintenance: 6 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 190-180

(New)Average weight recorded from previous month: 190

Week of...
    6th February: 190
    13th February: 189
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week:
    I have three goals for the year. 1) Get below 18% BF, 2) pull a 300lb deadlift, 3) 750lb powerlifting total weight (deadlift, squat, bench). I started lifting on Jan 5. My deadlift was a 5RM of 95lb. This morning I pulled 5x5 175lb. My estimated 1RM is now at 205 which is 95lb from my goal. On Jan 5 I had 25% BF. As of today I am a bit under 22%. My PL total as of this morning is an estimated 480lb. I'm well on my way toward hitting all three of my goals by the end of the year.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 50ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 years (March 2017)
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

(New) Average weight recorded from previous month: 130.3

Week of...
    6th February: 130.3
    13th February: 131.3
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week: Happy to still be in maintenance range but not happy for upward fluctuation although today's actual weigh in was 130.8. Darn those fluctuations! Bad news - due to a medical issue I'm off from the gym for awhile but will continue to maintain my 20,000+ steps per day no matter what.

Happy week every one!
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Very interesting to see many of us have had an upward trend in the last week. Wonder if the weather or other energies has something to do with it.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited February 2017
    fidangul wrote: »
    @crzycatlady1 I hope that you eventually have at least started your settling in process. A big WELL DONE for being able to stay in weight range... one thing though- why take the doorknobs??? I mean all the other things sound crazy but that just seems creepy. Anyway, I hope that you have many happy memories in your new home.

They were the antique brass ones (house is almost 150 years), and each door knob is worth around $50 if you bought them at an antique shop. We also discovered last night as we were cleaning the garage that she had actually ripped the handles off the fridge/and freezer-we found them under a pile of garbage. The lady is totally bat s**t crazy!

Name: Sara
    Total Weight lost: 50ish pounds
    Time it took to lose: 6 months + a few months of slower loss as I transitioned into maintenance
    How long in maintenance: 3+ years
    Maintenance weight range: I've gone back into a short weight loss phase to get this down to 125lbs-130lbs (from 130-135)

(New)Average weight recorded from previous month: 131.3

Week of...
    6th February: 130.2
    13th February: 128.6
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week: the craziness of the past couple weeks is finally catching up to my weight and I saw a whoosh this week, even though I haven't been tracking my calorie intake due to everything that's been going on. I did some mental math and realized yesterday I only hit around 1,000 calories-stress is big a appetite suppressant for me. The seller (from Hades) tried to stir up more trouble yesterday by starting to text us again-my poor husband had 3 texts come in from her back to back while he was at work, where she was just spewing curse words and then accusing of us of stealing her mail. After my husband calmed down we responded that per instructions from one of the county sheriff deputy's who helped us, we've been dropping her mail off at a local post office. And then we blocked her number so she has no way to get to us. Should have done that last week but we did get more proof against her in one of the texts yesterday that we can use in court if it gets that far (our realtor is part of a company that has a lawyer on retainer and he's going to send her a letter trying to get money for damages and stolen property, that were specifically listed in our contract that were supposed to be left-like the curtains/door knobs etc).

Anywhoo-focusing on getting back to normal and starting to track my calorie intake a bit closer to get a handle on things!

eta: one more thing I have to share, because it show just how crazy my life is right now (lol)-my uncle was in a really bad accident last Friday and is pretty messed up (his fault and we're pretty sure alcohol is involved, so not feeling too sympathetic towards him right now :p )-he's a hermit who doesn't really interact with family, but anytime we do see him all he talks about is his cat-this thing is his baby. So me, being a kind hearted sucker, offered to watch his cat while he was re-cooperating. The rest of the family was ecstatic that they didn't have to deal with it, so I picked it up on Saturday and the thing is in BAD shape.

Most of its fur was missing (underside is totally bare), really scaly skin and the funniest curly tail, just like a piglets! She's also really petite so she instantly got the nickname Rat-Cat lol. My uncle lives in pretty poor conditions so I freaked out that this thing was carrying all sorts of diseases, and coughed up the money to bring her to a vet yesterday. Found out she's in great health but has a flea allergy. They only found 2 fleas on her, but she was having a severe reaction to their bites. That caused the hair to fall out and a secondary infection because she was scratching so bad. Poor thing! She's now on an antibiotic and flea drops. She's been sequestered into our spare bathroom because the vet doesn't want her transferring anything we don't know about to my cats. She's claimed the sink as her perch lol.

rat%20cat_zps4ahj112y.jpg
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    My name is Irina.
    Starting weight 220 lbs.
    Current 151 lbs.
    Took about 8 months to lose
    Maintaining for 3 months
    Would like to stay within 148-153 lbs range for now. Maybe eventually try to go down a little more or aim for recomp.

Week of...
    6th February: 154.6 lbs
    13th February: 153 lbs
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success /struggles of the week: my in-laws had an anniversary, and we all went out for brunch / buffet. I was somewhat anxious about all those temptations, but ended up really enjoying it, trying many different things and giving desserts it's dues. Was still at 151 next day. But then ,bam, back up ro 153 after exercising and having a good day. Damn those fluctuations. Happy Valentine's day, everyone!
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    powered85 wrote: »
    Very interesting to see many of us have had an upward trend in the last week. Wonder if the weather or other energies has something to do with it.

Maybe Superbowl festivities from last week?!
  • bradkyleeheller
    bradkyleeheller Posts: 18 Member
    Hi again everyone

Name: Kylee
    Total Weight lost: 8 kg, 17.6lbs
    Time it took to lose: 3 months
    How long in maintenance: 2nd month started this year
    Maintenance weight range: revised 57 - 59.5 kg, 125.5 - 131lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 58.2 kg , 128.3lbs
    Week of...
    6th February: 57.6kg, 127lbs
    13th February: 58.5kg, 128.9lbs
    20th February:
    27th February:

Success/struggles of the week: Not much focus at all on diet and exercise, I've let other things be more important this busy last week. Up side I had been doing other incentdental activities although not as much calorie burn. My house is mostly back in order and the end goal creating a home gym is now reality. Had a couple of extra house guest now they have gone home too, life can get back to normal.
  • Trina2040

Can't blame my up tick in scale weight on the weather as it's warm and sunny here in South Florida. I think it's just a normal fluctuation but we'll see. Maybe it's a sympathy gain for my northern MFP buddies since the weather is so beastly up north. Solidarity, my sisters (and brothers)!
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Trina2040 wrote: »

Can't blame my up tick in scale weight on the weather as it's warm and sunny here in South Florida. I think it's just a normal fluctuation but we'll see. Maybe it's a sympathy gain for my northern MFP buddies since the weather is so beastly up north. Solidarity, my sisters (and brothers)!

I need to move to South Florida! I'm so fed up of being cold all the time!
  • Trina2040
    @girlgroves come on down! Temp is 83 today and 77 tomorrow; 70s and 80s the rest of the week. Florida is the land of eternal summer. LOL!
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    @Trina2040 Sounds idyllic :)
  • Trina2040
    edited February 2017
    @girlgroves yeah, except during hurricane season, tourist season (double traffic time), dry season (water rationing), summers and a broken air conditioner. Other than that it's pretty awesome.