Who eats whatever they want and drops body fat?

Just wanting to get the feel of what other people eat and do to lose body fat/ not muscle?

Is it really just as simple as 1) eating whatever foods (processed, trans fat, salt, sugar etc...) as long as you are at a deficit 2) Lifting weights 3) doing some cardio 4) tracking foods on MFP to ensure you are maintaining a deficit? 5) Do you need to keep a positive mind 99% of the time too?

I just want to hear other people's stories with fat loss. Please understand that I am not going to be into strict af diets and getting ready for comp diets kind of things. That is not for me. Thank you. I wish! LOL but I don't have the support nor will I ever...
So just fat loss and easiness, convenience if possible for me.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Down 7.2kg so far in 10 weeks (got a bit off track at christmas as I was travelling a lot and didn't log so it's really 8 weeks). I eat a fair bit of sugar, still order Dominos now and again or go out for food. The difference now is I do all of that in moderation. I have had a couple of days eating at maintenance level too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Yes and no. I make *some* of the things I want fit in, but if I don't get enough protein and fiber, I get hangry.

I think it really depends on what stuff you like. My favorite things are high calorie desserts - very hard to fit in. A slice of pizza or two? No problem... at least it's filling and doesn't leave me craving more carbs.

I've lost 75 lbs and maintained the lost (more or less 5 lbs) for almost 3 years though! I do make room for those desserts... just sometimes.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Yup over here. Flexible dieter, lifting 3-4x per week, no cardio (but I breastfeed lol), I don't track my macros but because of my high intake and past experience tracking I can be pretty sure I hit those minimums. I recently lost my baby weight, preserving muscle and lowering my bf%.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi there. I've lost a bit over 100 pounds so far and I eat pretty much whatever I want. Some things I avoid because I can't control them but I've had cheat meals, diet breaks, and indulgences and I'm still steadily losing. Just keep me away from the carne asada nachos. :D:D:D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    I've lost 80lbs eating whatever I want - but please note that "whatever I want" includes whole bunches of lean meat, whole grains, vegetables, home cooked meals etc. Yes, I work things I love into my calories, I've had meals, days, and weeks, even months where I've gone off the rails. But even when I'm 100% on track and tracking, I've made room for things I love.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    40 lbs down so far.

I eat what I want but i moderate. I also make modifications to my favorite higher calories foods like pizza, but that doesn't mean I don eat take out pizza on occasion, I do.

I make sure i have an overall balanced nutritious diet, but I make room for whatever I want.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    @Look_Its_Kriss wow.....you look amazing!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Raises hand.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    If I eat any foods I want, but stay within my deficit (avg 1500 cal /day), then I absolutely lose fat! Of course, the trick for me is to not go over my daily calorie allotment, so it's not like I can eat however much I want. But on the other hand, on very special occasions (some vacation days, my birthday, major holidays), I simply don't even worry about "how much" and I just enjoy myself. Then I get back to it the next day, and I can be back to where I was within a day or two (or a few!). It's totally worth that extra day or two to just be able to enjoy.

Since I began using MFP, I have consistently lost weight, except for two months over the holidays, during which I maintained, still using MFP. The fact that I can so easily stick with it using MFP--yeah, that's kept me pretty positive about things. During past weight-loss endeavors, I used to not even think about maintenance, only to gain weight back after reaching my goal weight. Now, I know exactly what to do, and my time maintaining over the holidays has given me the confidence I needed to feel like I can keep the weight off this time, using MFP. I do believe I'll need to continue logging even at maintenance, but I don't mind that. I have about 12 lbs to go (for a total of 30 lost), so my goal is in my sights!

• aldavid18
    aldavid18 Posts: 29 Member
    Yes, eat whatever I want. Lost 59lbs. to date. My main advice is to be very aware of your calorie intake to your daily goal. And most of all read your labels.