Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I will be laying on the couch. The Bf said he might get me Chinese, but money is super tight right now.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Missy: It is amazing how much better you do with a workout partner. Congrats on the promotion!!! Way to go!! Proud of you!

Melanie: Hope you feel better… Not a fun start to the week.

Eva: That’s awesome of you to help those doggies get adopted! 2 large meals… I wonder if I could do that or not… Hmmm…

Nicole: I know it sounds so stupid but that was the brick I needed. I kept thinking I had to eat how I could survive a lifestyle and I can easily eat to maintain… it’s eating to lose that’s hard! Hope you can keep the kids from the nasty bug. Sucks it ruined your v-day plans but nice of the kids for arranging it for you!

Buffy the Derby Slayer: Awesome! Nice job on lead jammer! =) Just living vicariously through you! Sounds like you have a great Valentines Day in store!

Janetay: No cupcakes are wonky! Looks delicious!

So yesterday I ate good again… saved room for those stuffed pork chops! YUM! Then Lexi and I hit the gym for an hour and a half plus.. the plus is the hydro massage beds! HA! We’re spoiling ourselves! She kicked my *kitten* once again! Having problems with my left calf… It’s really tight… I’m sure I just need to stretch it better and massage it out! Tonight hubby is making seafood for Valentine’s day… That is always our go to for special occasions! I bought him cheese, Munster Curds, Moral Cheddar and garlic baked cheese, also chocolate truffles and a new pair of jeans that he will question, but his a** will look good in them! LOL! He wanted a light pair of denim jeans… so I’m coming through! No Wranglers… my dad wears wranglers. HA! Hope you all have a great Valentine’s Day and may your significant others not buy you chocolate unless it’s to die for and can fit a bite in your calorie goals!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    I've been using the prong collar for pulling dogs for 20+ years. You have to put it high on the neck, behind the ears, you have to leave the leash loose & "pop" it quick only when pulling. you can use a slip lead also but it has to be behind the ears & make a figure 8 & quick turns every so often while walking, so your pup doesnt know when you're going to do it, that way he'll pay attention to you. Today it was foggy to drive to dog park & didn't want to miss my 11:30 gym class, so...I took Grizzly out for 30min bike ride, I ride about 4 blocks then walk for 1-2 & repeat, then 2 walks with the otheres, so it took 90 minutes! then went to my gym class, I'm heading to act,(dog rescue) soon. busy day
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I wish you can edit posts, I forgot the main thing...don't leave the house walking your dog till he's calm, you go out the door first. It sets the whole walk mood. If he likes to bolt out the door, wait by the door till he calms down, open the door a little & say "uhuh" or the like till he calms down, then open door a little more & so on till he doesn't bolt out the door. The key is to wait till he's calm, not just sitting, waiting excitedly to leave., This takes a while in the begining but really worth it.
  • dlites46
    dlites46 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    New here and how about 100 lbs to get rid of how do i join this group? If it is a group. Not sure how this all works. But ive been on and off of mfp many times but never to advantage of all it has to offer, but i do know tht support and motivarion and success stories is wat i need to keep myself on the right track.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    c7x70iu6wzya.jpg
    Hi all, what I did with most of my time at the animal rescue today was clean out this white mamma & 4 black puppies, she had 8, 4 got adopted. what puppies do most is poop!! it took me close to an hour to pick up a ton of newspaper with poop, poop in between newspaper & sanitized the floor. The good thing is I didn't hurt my bad right arm, tendonitis didn't bother me. But when I was signing out, Angelina, girl pit bul came running in from outside & jumped up on my back & I got several scratches, ugh. Hubby put some hydrogen peroxide on it.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    dlites, hit the little yellow star on the top right to add to favorites, if there's something else you do, I'm sure someone else here can tell you
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @dlites46 - welcome! As @evamutt says, tag the thread with the yellow star then just keep coming back to chat - it's a good place to be!

Rachel - good to hear you are feeling better. Sometimes, we just need to stop and take time for ourselves.

Nicole - what a lovely gesture from your kids - it's nice to have a night away but so sorry you weren't able to enjoy it fully. Hope you are feeling better this week.

Shy - sounds like you are well and truly back on the right track. I must try and do the same thing - just lost my thread a bit over the last week or so.

@melaniedscott - hope you are starting to feel better, it's a horrible time of year for all these kinds of things going around.

@Meg_DeLaCruz - welcome!

@gemwolf110 - congratulations, so pleased for you!! What a great place to be with more social hours - I bet you enjoyed that cake!

@cheryllynn513 - welcome!

So the cupcakes turned out pretty good - not quite the sugar overload that I was concerned they might be! We had a quiet valentines evening in - a nice meal, small bottle of bubbly - and cupcakes! Back at work today after two days off so lots of e-mails and stuff to catch up on. I also have a phone interview today for a job far closer to home - very early stages but wish me luck, hopefully I can do enough that they want to meet me! Have a good Wednesday all :)
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Janet. Good luck with your phone interview. Sounds like you had a great night in. You wonky cupcakes look yummy.

Evamutt. What a great job. Played by with puppy's. Even if it does include picking up poop.

Shy. You and Lexi are killing it at the gym.

Dlites46. Welcome to the group. Please add me as a friend. This is a great place to be.

Nothing new to report here hope everyone has a great hump day.
  • SarahW20MFP
    SarahW20MFP Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join :smile:
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well first I have got to say I am so happy to recognize some of the names still on this board. I have been away for about 4 months but now I am back.

It has been a tiring 4 months to say the least with a lot of changes.

I had to go back to work so my schedule is all different. I was so used to morning workouts with a variety of activities. My new hours are 6:30am to 3:30pm (production planner for a factory) which I love, but I am now working out in the afternoon and can really only fit in my original trainer. I am going to miss my aerial yoga.

I was also on couch sitting duty per doctors orders for the past 3 months until he was able to remove my ovary that decided to grow an appendage the size of a grapefruit. With the holidays all the emergencies were ahead of me getting under the year end insurance cap.

So I finally got the all clear to go back to the gym on Monday and am dedicated to lose the 15 pounds I put on from my last vacation and the holidays. One pound from goal weight and I lost it, oh well...

So today and am sore as hell but looking forward to connecting with everyone again.
    Started logging my food and activities, trying to remember how to log everything again, lol.

This afternoon it is back to the gym hoping I am able to do anything, the art of sitting and standing is not real pretty today.

Have a great one everyone.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers, keep posting!

@ngolden3320 Hope you had a great valentines day!

@janetay01 Your valentines day sounds exactly like mine! I hope your interview goes well!

@Evamutt I love the puppy photo! And thank you for the suggestions. I might have to try a slip leash. I'm hesitant on the pronged collar because my Dad tried it with my childhood dog and she still pulled so hard she warped the metal prongs with her neck...and Chance is bigger than her.

@ShyCush6 Your valentines night sounds wonderful! Sorry to hear about your calf. Have you tried foam rolling?

@jdelaroy Did you end up getting the Chinese food?

Valentine's Day was a lot of fun, but between the potluck at the indulgent dinner my stomach is a bit sore! Luckily I have no major holidays coming up for a long time. I woke up before my alarm this morning so I was able to get some light yoga in before work and the dog and I will do a walk after work. I'm keeping it nice and light today since I have derby and personal training tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @FitEqualsSmile! I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. I'm glad to hear you're healing up and able to get back at it! Sorry to hear that aerial yoga doesn't have any afternoon/evening classes :(
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Eva: Sounds like you had a great day! Lots of exercise! Cute puppy pictures!!

Dlites46 & Sarah: Welcome! You are now part of the group! Check in as often as you can! Update us and hopefully we can help along your journey!

Janetay: Sounds like you had a nice Valentine and yummy cupcakes too! Good luck on your phone interview!!

Nicole: Hope you had a great day… glad you could check in!

Missy: So glad you are going to have time to focus on yourself with a normal schedule and less overtime! Quiche… Yummy! Good for you taking time to prep meals!

FitEqualsSmile: Welcome Back! Sorry to hear of your new appendage! Yikes! Glad you are recovered and ready to get back at it! Good luck back at the gym and one step at a time! You got this!

Rachel: Foam rolling… I need to try that! My hubby was nice and massaged it last night! It feels so much better today! Way to get some yoga in this morning! I’m hoping to get a dog walk in tonight as well!

So yesterday I took a day of rest. It felt fantastic and just what my calf needed. I saved up enough calories to enjoy an amazing dinner my hubby prepared and a glass of Sangria! Yum! He fixed so much food! But it was all delicious! Shrimp Scampi, Crab Ravioli Alfredo and shrimp cocktail in homemade cocktail sauce! I can't eat the store bought stuff any more after his! Yum! Topped off with a heart of Lindor Truffles… my favorite! I indulged in ONE! He even massaged my tight calf and I hit the elliptical this morning and it felt so much better! I am on a high right now… I really feel like I can do this… I really want you all to know you can do this too! It’s such a good feeling and I want to thank you all for being here on this journey and sharing your stories, struggles and successes! I love seeing pictures of you all and the amazing changes you have made! Gives me the courage to do it and not be afraid I can’t!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am already sick of Being stuck at home. I miss walking and the gym. No driving for two weeks. So I have to rely on family. Luckily they are awesome. Must focus on not eating everything in sight.

I didn't get Chinese food last night. I wasn't up for eating much. Decided to wait for it.

Keep on keeping on.
  • debsydoo556
    debsydoo556 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debbie, same here on the curse of the 'sweet tooth'!! Also trying to cut back on the diet drinks..I'm getting better but not completely eradicated them. I tend to behave all day with my meals and calories then have a silly 'blow out' later on in the day when I'm tired. Would love to hear success stories, make new friends
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @ShyCush6 - it is good to be back. One positive is I am in front of the computer all day so I have no excuse not to check with everyone. Sounds like you had a great V-Day. My hubby did not make it home until 8 last night so we are celebrating this weekend. Go a movie and dinner before our darts league on Saturday. That is going to kill me, being in a bar for 2 hours a week and not drinking while playing darts, LOL

I have definitely realized how lucky I am. One of my co-works has stage 3 breast cancer, her reconstruction is Monday, and one of my employees has MS. Makes you realize a few extra pounds, no big deal.

@Rachel0778 - I would love to get some yoga in before work but I already wake up at 4:40, so nope...
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Hi Debbie - I will tell you I am back today after a few month away but this board is great. It helped me lose 50 pounds (of which I kept 35 off before some medical issues), so it works. The one thing I have been able to do is cut the soda. For me it was cold turkey, I wanted to eliminate the sugar and artificial sweeteners from my diet so I switched to Poland Spring Water. It is carbonated and flavored but no sweetening at all. Works for me. I also drink Hint Water, which is flavor water without the carbonation. I have stuck to this for over a year and really can not even stand the taste of soda any longer. The only time I will occasionally indulge is a fountain soda at the movie theater.
    The one big success, weigh your food and write it down. People might think you are crazy, but it works!!

Karen
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just realized I don't get notifications if I am tagged in a comment post! Darn! :( Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! I lost 3 lbs last week... worried I'll be up a little from that loss after last weekend and yesterday but hopefully by Friday it'll even out.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Today I am SO wiped out from the few days of intense exercise & cleaning at the rescue. I've been jogging intermittently when walking & I'm new to doing that. Already had to do an errand & went to dog park, now I'm giving a friend a ride to pick up her newly spayed kitten. I haven't felt this tired for a very long time & it just gives me an appetite since I'm longing for "comfort" foods, I'll see how it goes today, I'll try my best. I'm sorry you're stuck at home for a while jdelaroy, I think I would feel the same way, hang in there.