My scale is NOT moving!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• eichhorst
    eichhorst Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've also been having the same problem for about 2 months now which is why I joined MFP, I thought maybe I wasn't keeping an accurate log of my food consumption & exercise. When I look in the mirror I feel like I've lost weight, some of my clothes are getting looser but the scale is barely moving. I bought a new scale, I started eating even less & exercising more and still nothing, I was about to give up until 2 days ago when I read an article in a magazine that said when trying to loose weight not to rely so much on a scale but more so on a tape measure. When you exercise you are not only burning fat but gaining muscle & muscle weighs more then fat so the scale may not move or may even temporarily show a weight gain but by using a tape measure we can see our sucess by the inches we are loosing.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I agree with the putting your mind on diffrent goals, right now i am less focused on the scale and weight loss , as with Making it throught the Insanity program. no matter what the scale says if i can get through this i know i am healthier, how can i not be?
  • trk24
    trk24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP going on my seventh week. Two weeks in, after zero lbs lost, I upped my cals from 1200 to just under 1500 to see if that would help since everyone was telling me I wasn't eating enough. I am working out with a trainer twice a week and cardio the other 2-3 days. I am getting into running and am feeling stronger, however, after 6 full weeks, NOTHING. My scale is not moving either. I am trying not to focus on the scale but I've been working so hard. I just want to see results...something..anything!

I get measured on Monday, we will see if working with my trainer has done anything for my body fat or inches. I try to see how my clothes fit, some days, I think they fit better, the next day, I think my butt got bigger! So frustrating.

Something has got to give!!
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    Eat less.

Ummmm yeah....I'm eating 1300 (usually less) calories per day...don't think that's the problem.
  • javablondie
    javablondie Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Any change?
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Eat less.

Ummmm yeah....I'm eating 1300 (usually less) calories per day...don't think that's the problem.

I know!! That was a stinky response! Very unsupportive.

I'm right there with you. I'm eating between 1200-1500/ day and it's been a while since the scale has moved in the right direction. I get down 2 lbs, then gain one back, then lose a couple of ounces... all while I'm working out an hour a day... I just don't get it.
  • verair
    verair Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    kick it across the room, that will move it, or throw it out the window, thats my next plan

LOL! I'm tempted to do that to my scale except that's it's a glass scale and I'd have to clean up the mess AND buy a new one.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I know it is weird but I went down a whole size with only a 3 lb weight loss that actually I regain every month with my cycle. I other then that it hasnt moved in a month. I personally will be very happy if I can go down another size even if the scale never moves. Dont worry about the scale, I think I read somewhere that we should only weigh ourselves once a month. And ALWAYS in the morning, in the same clothes, or nothing, after you go to the br and before you eat anything. I have weighed myself before bed and been at 165 and woken up at 162. So dont stress about it so much. If you know you are eating properly and being active dont worry. It might even be helpful to take a week off and set at maintenance to recharge your metabolism? And just take a break you know?
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    Don't worry, it's only 1 week. some people lose every week, other's don't. I understand your frustation, I didn't lose any weight last week, but i did this week.
    keep it up, you can do it!
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mine stayed the same for a few weeks recently, and then this week it started moving again, don't give up!
  • Jenn81
    Jenn81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Its been that way for me since i started this plan! I dont know why i'm not losing, I was eating 1200-1400 a day and working out but then i went down in cals to 1000, I still don't eat that much. I tried eating more to lose but that didnt work so now im trying less!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Its been that way for me since i started this plan! I dont know why i'm not losing, I was eating 1200-1400 a day and working out but then i went down in cals to 1000, I still don't eat that much. I tried eating more to lose but that didnt work so now im trying less!

I did the same thing. Eating less, I am losing weight =)
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey, maybe your scale is broken! If things don't change soon, it wouldn't hurt to have your thyroid gland checked out. You're burning a bunch of calories!