Mirena IUD increase appetite???

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I gained weight after mine was put in due to increased appetite (also had another med that increases appetite at the time) it was a bad combo but I've loved not having to think about birth control or my period for 5yrs still undecided but will probably get another one put in in the next month. When I monitor eating and exercise I lose weight. The increased appetite evened out eventually
  • darlingmellie
    darlingmellie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've gained about 20 lbs on mine, it is soooo frustrating since I'm almost 40 and have always kept around a 10lb spread with my weight (135-145). I'm just afraid I won't be able to lose the weight while I have it! The posts about increased appetite make me think it is that, I am abnormally hungry all the time.
  • tgcake
    tgcake Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'll have to watch out for this; I've had mine for a couple of weeks but have not noticed any increase in appetite. I didn't put on any weight with the pill, so maybe this will also be fine?
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I gained 15 lbs in the 4 months I had mine in. Also got horrible cystic acne and spotted nonstop. I had it removed after 4 month because I hated how it made me feel. I know some people that love it and some not so much. The hormones def affect your hunger the fact that you are aware of that should help in itself. Listen to your body and do what feels right for you. I had doctors telling me it had nothing to do with my weight gain but I knew without a doubt it was the cause.