WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY!

Options
When I was doing the green smoothie diet, I lost 10 pounds! Now that I am off the smoothie challenge, my weight refuse to get any lower than 319 pounds! Yesterday I was 319 and today I am 319! then I stepped on the scale 5 mins later I am 320.4!. I have the urge the poop, but I am constipated. I have been 320/319 for almost 3 weeks

Replies

• laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been told that it could take up to a month for our bodies to 'catch-up' on what we are doing to it. I lost the first 2 weeks - the 3rd week I was the exact same. Today was the 1st time in 3 weeks the scale went down. Our bodies are used to being shoveled with food and when we take it away/restrict our caloric intake it doesn't know what to do so it needs time to adjust to what it will be given daily to burn. Good Luck!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that help with constipation to solve that trouble.

As for losing, are you logging food? Have a deficit? Exercising? Drinking a ton of water? Sleeping a good amount? So many factors.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys,

I eat only 1900 to 2000 cals a day. Yesterday I did not have a chance to do my full workout and I am believing that is the reason for not dropping numbers or pooping as I should. I also snack a lot during the day.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    If 1900-2000 is your intake, for 320 pounds, then you should be able to lose weight over time. "Over time" is the key though. You won't lose weight each day, or even each week. SOmetimes water weight masks what is going on.

Give it 4-6 weeks. Eat 1900-2000, log EVERYTHING as accurately as possible. And check your weight weekly. On March 17, compare your weight then to now. It should be lower.
    Hi you guys,

I eat only 1900 to 2000 cals a day. Yesterday I did not have a chance to do my full workout and I am believing that is the reason for not dropping numbers or pooping as I should. I also snack a lot during the day.

I will continue doing this, but this is becoming discouraging
  • DeterminedbyGod
    Options
    If you can't lose weight at 320lbs then you are doing something very very wrong.

How many calories a day do you eat?

OP just needs to poop!

I am constipated and can't!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Also, pick one day per week where you weigh in, like Thursday. Wake up, go to the bathroom, then weigh. Put your scale away for the rest of the week. Water fluctuations are normal and caused by all sorts of factors that you can't completely manage (such as starting your period, I went up 5 pounds overnight due to that just this week).
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    The constipation could just be your body adapting to coming off the green smoothies and the resulting drop in liquid and fibre. Drink plenty and increase the amount of fruit and veg you are eating and see if that helps.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking and how many grams of fat per day do you consume? How about fibre?