BEST TIPS TO GET RID OF WATER WEIGHT

Options
I've been reading through the forums and you guys have GREAT tips & advice! What are your best tips & advice for losing water weight?

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Reduce your sodium intake. Drink more water.
  • mbanks123
    mbanks123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water!
  • JADE5924
    JADE5924 Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ahhh Torcher! Life with no salt! :( Ok are there any REALLY good substitutes? It is my absolute favorite seasoning lol
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Lowering carb intake will shed water weight, but why do you want to do this? I struggle with swollen ankles and when I'm very strict with carb intake I don't have an issue with edema.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Drink a ton of water
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    Exercise (intense, sweat!) helps me, too.

Other than that, as others have said, drink water, be patient.

Personally, I'm not cutting salt. I love salt, and don't have high blood pressure. But cutting salt would help, of course.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I find that exercise helps with most things.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Limit salt, drink lots of water, and do something that really makes you sweat i.e. Go for a long run, then sit in a sauna to sweat some more.

Oh and when you run you can wear heavy clothing. I've seen a guy run in my neighborhood wearing heavy dark clothing in the summer.
  • aaxiotis
    aaxiotis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    water pills
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You could wear one of those awesome sauna suits and do 2 hours on the stair machine like the guy at my gym every day. (Just kidding. Don't do that. Drink lots of water and be patient.)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Less sodium (if I've been excessive), more water, time!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Your water will always fluctuate. You want to lose fat.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i did a low salt thing recently just as a curious science experiment to see what would happen. Every part of my body got tightened up and shrunk. Was really weird. Problem is it made me sick XD Im still recovering from it now.

I didnt feel sick exactly but a bit weak, I wasnt craving anything and i was still able to do all my exercises im not really sure how to explain how i felt bad. Just...light? But in a bad way. So be careful with that water weight and sodium are kind of important to function
  • JADE5924
    JADE5924 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    K, I'll double up on the H20 and cut alot of salt. Any good substitutes that don't taste like saw dust?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to lose water weight? The answer to your question depends on your reason for doing it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much about water weight. I want to lose fat weight.