Shout out for Jasmin Norman

Options
Amazed by this lady's story which made its way into our British papers! Look fantastic and well done..... what an absolutely massive accomplishment! Some great pr for MFP too.
Thank you so much for sharing your story if you still use this app

Replies

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's a great story and everything, but she was limiting herself to 1200kcal per day and going to the gym every day. 1200kcal net is ok if you're eating more than that, but it's really hard to get the nutrients you need doing under that. Going to the gym every day hugely increases the risk of injury - you need the rest day in between to allow your body to recover.

It is still a great story. And her boobs are awesome.

For those of you interested, it's in the #DailyFail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4229708/24-year-old-woman-loses-62-kilos-HALVES-body-size.html
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Point taken. But yes, still an amazing story.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nice story and nice shout out to mfp!

ETA - she lost 110 pounds in 8 months. Geeze I need to up my game:).
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    *kitten* i got boobs. buy me surgery guys!!!
  • JaydedMiss
    edited February 2017
    Options
    wait.. what?!
    whats the go fund me for??

She is now trying to raise money through a GoFundMe campaign to afford a tummy tuck
    at the bottom of the link up there ^
    It's a great story and everything, but she was limiting herself to 1200kcal per day and going to the gym every day. 1200kcal net is ok if you're eating more than that, but it's really hard to get the nutrients you need doing under that. Going to the gym every day hugely increases the risk of injury - you need the rest day in between to allow your body to recover.

It is still a great story. And her boobs are awesome.

For those of you interested, it's in the #DailyFail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4229708/24-year-old-woman-loses-62-kilos-HALVES-body-size.html

• JaydedMiss
    Options
    shes one of many of us....iv lost 80 in the past 9 months and many i know have lost WAY more. What the actual *kitten* makes her so special like really
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I doubt she has much loose skin, the picture of her skin is sitting and hunched over. Even fitness competitors who have never been fat look like that when they're sitting or hunched over.
    3D45D82900000578-0-image-a-56_1487223164241.jpg
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    she already had a surgery sounds like shes getting people to pay for surgeries is kind of cheating she looks fine...
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    z8ooh872sisa.jpg

Here is my belly standing up after losing 111 pounds. Lol I want a free tummy tuck...I think...

thats a badass tummy
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Oh.. is that how that works?
    Can i make a go fund me page so i can have the $30,000 i need for loose skin removal? Cmon guys, dig deep

:laugh:

And here I was, searching deep in the labyrinth that is the couch for spare change for a chocolate bar.

Her go fund me is ridiculous. Sorry...
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Oh.. is that how that works?
    Can i make a go fund me page so i can have the $30,000 i need for loose skin removal? Cmon guys, dig deep

:laugh:

And here I was, searching deep in the labyrinth that is the couch for spare change for a chocolate bar.

Her go fund me is ridiculous. Sorry...

mmmmm chocolate...