The diet sabatogers

Options

Replies

• Marjayhan
    Marjayhan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    [quote=".....how do you handle the diet sabatogers in your life? [/quote] the only sabotager is me. I chose what i eat, no one forces me to eat it. I take responsibilities for my actions. Sure it can't help when people tempt you or fill the cupboards full of junk in the weekly shopping but at the end of the day it's us that decide to eat it :smile:

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If it's your wifeor SO who cooks for you, then talk tothem. If it's someone around who doesn't prepare your food, be polite and decline. "No, thanks" really works. So does, it's ok, not now, or I eat already, or I'm not hungry. Use your imagination. No one is literally forcing it down your throat. So it's still your choice.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I think labeling people as sabotagers is kind of pointless... Just because you've made it a point to announce weight loss goals and plans doesn't mean everyone has to not offer you things or keep their mouth shut on opinions they have no matter how wrong we think they are. Thats life, you're going to find those traits anywhere, any choice you choose to make with your own body, someone else is going to think you should do it differently.

In the end you just say "oh okay" to what they say and carry on doing what youre doing.
    They dont need to know if you actually took their advice, you don't need to try and convince them of different, you also don't need to eat what they offer you. Most times i say no to things and say im not hungry and maybe if i am hungry later i will come and ask them for some.. or just say maybe another time.. its all choice at this point right, i could have people knocking on my door offering me chocolates at valentines day, i could take those boxes, doesn't mean i have to open them and eat them, or i could say thank you for thinking of me but no thanks all the same.

My aunt truely is a sabotager XD i asked for a black coffee-went to pee- she got me a triple triple...They exist xD

My team is in the middle of a health kick. We started taking walking meetings and workout ~30 mins/day. We sill bring in donuts and snacks, but it's all in moderation and in good spirits. This is part of having a healthy relationship with food and having long term success in health and weight management.

Luckily I don't have @JaydedMiss aunt who is truly acting as a saboteur....seriously you should film and post this behavior. That is some crazy stuff.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I think labeling people as sabotagers is kind of pointless... Just because you've made it a point to announce weight loss goals and plans doesn't mean everyone has to not offer you things or keep their mouth shut on opinions they have no matter how wrong we think they are. Thats life, you're going to find those traits anywhere, any choice you choose to make with your own body, someone else is going to think you should do it differently.

In the end you just say "oh okay" to what they say and carry on doing what youre doing.
    They dont need to know if you actually took their advice, you don't need to try and convince them of different, you also don't need to eat what they offer you. Most times i say no to things and say im not hungry and maybe if i am hungry later i will come and ask them for some.. or just say maybe another time.. its all choice at this point right, i could have people knocking on my door offering me chocolates at valentines day, i could take those boxes, doesn't mean i have to open them and eat them, or i could say thank you for thinking of me but no thanks all the same.

My aunt truely is a sabotager XD i asked for a black coffee-went to pee- she got me a triple triple...They exist xD

My team is in the middle of a health kick. We started taking walking meetings and workout ~30 mins/day. We sill bring in donuts and snacks, but it's all in moderation and in good spirits. This is part of having a healthy relationship with food and having long term success in health and weight management.

Luckily I don't have @JaydedMiss aunt who is truly acting as a saboteur....seriously you should film and post this behavior. That is some crazy stuff.

honestly i may just slip my phone audio recorder on and video one of her rants ....its pretty messed up that shes in charge of the school lunch program for hundreds of kids if she thinks the way she does about food truely XD it just has to be a jealousy thing...
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My work is grazing central. Kitchen was full of donut holes this morning. Yesterday, PBJ sandwiches. Fortunately my coworkers aren't pushers. Practice, practice, practice saying 'Aww, thanks but not right now.' Don't even waver in their presence. Solidly in my head, the food I make and bring myself is the only food that exists. Everything else tastes like ashes and worms. Ashes and worms. ;)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Joyjmb wrote: »
    My work is grazing central. Kitchen was full of donut holes this morning. Yesterday, PBJ sandwiches. Fortunately my coworkers aren't pushers. Practice, practice, practice saying 'Aww, thanks but not right now.' Don't even waver in their presence. Solidly in my head, the food I make and bring myself is the only food that exists. Everything else tastes like ashes and worms. Ashes and worms. ;)

My office is the same way, but I have said no on so many occasions that most of the peeps don't even bother asking me anymore. My wife is almost to the same point, but sometimes she will nudge me and try to get me to eat something that I have declined (she does it just to tease me/test my resolve and not out of an attempt to 'sabotage' my eating choices).
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I choose not to surround myself with ridiculousness and negativity. That goes for family too. Works for me.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    yeah we work our booties off and did our research youd think people would listen when they ask what we do and we tell them, Vs the infamous eyes glazing over and topic changes.

Guess some people dont want it half as bad as they claim.

I do find it funny when she slaps "bad food" out of my hands when we shop, after she had just finished putting butter in my coffee....

LOL..
    I always enjoy the whole bad food mentality... like.. i will eat a cookie or whatever and ill hear all the hens clucking at work going "I cant believe she lost all that weight and still eats cookies"
    ... well duh... Cookie is only 150 Calories
    It's not like im spooning 4000 calories worth of pure lard into my mouth and then bathing in the remainder like some crazy fat gaining ritual..

Those same hens tell me they can't lose weight cause they work nights and eating at night makes you fat...
    ...Right... okay... cause i forgot the moons gravitational pull with the earth is total fat storage mode
    When the moon is out, the body stores fat.. does a fuller moon mean more fat gain? i should ask them

Youve quickly become one of my favorite people in the forums :D

Haha mine too! Love the no nonsense!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    If it's your wifeor SO who cooks for you, then talk tothem. If it's someone around who doesn't prepare your food, be polite and decline. "No, thanks" really works. So does, it's ok, not now, or I ate already[, or I'm not hungry. Use your imagination. No one is literally forcing it down your throat. So it's still your choice.

Oh I forgot that one -- "I ate already" is a good choice of words too.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

honestly i may just slip my phone audio recorder on and video one of her rants ....its pretty messed up that shes in charge of the school lunch program for hundreds of kids if she thinks the way she does about food truely XD it just has to be a jealousy thing...

I would like to think an aunt would be happy for your success! She must believe she is helping you in some twisted way? It is quite unfortunate if she is jealous. Maybe you could get her to join you in losing weight.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Joyjmb wrote: »

Lol. :D ashes and worms and doodoo

I tell myself, "That. Is not my food. It belongs to someone else."
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    yeah shes definatly something.... LOL
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If someone was tampering with my food behind my back or knowingly lying about what they were feeding me, I don't think I could ever eat in their presence again. I don't even give my kids probiotics in their milk without telling them (assuming they have some shred of understanding, my older one does).
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If someone was tampering with my food behind my back or knowingly lying about what they were feeding me, I don't think I could ever eat in their presence again. I don't even give my kids probiotics in their milk without telling them (assuming they have some shred of understanding, my older one does).

That's fantastic that you're empowering your children to have control and understanding over what they eat :smile:
  • DebSozo
    edited February 2017
    Options
    yeah shes definatly something.... LOL

Your aunt is a character for sure.