Shout out for Jasmin Norman

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ok guys, let's get some perspective! it generates debates ok? and the OP (me) is not saying she lost it at a healthy rate. as far as make up etc go's ... don't knock someone for wanting to make the best of their new looks! i do not wear make up at all ( i don't need to ;) but i'm certainly not going to judge someone on individual choice.
    she might not have done it the right way and yes i do not agree with gofundme for this reason. However, looking at what this lady went through..... i know we all have stuff in life but i doubt many of us have been involved in an armed robbery. no doubt that left long lasting psychological effects and i certainly could not have done what she did had that happened to me.
    so i think i was recognising her strength of will. i hope she does keep it off and is able to find some kind of peace in her life.

We all have problems in life many of us just as bad or worse its not a reason to go beg for 30 grand when pretty much all of us have loose skin and way worse. Nor is it okay to shout out to unhealthy weight loss.

Thats basically like congratulating someone for turning anorexic when life goes bad? doesnt that seem wrong to you o_O
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Oh.. is that how that works?
    Can i make a go fund me page so i can have the $30,000 i need for loose skin removal? Cmon guys, dig deep

:laugh:

And here I was, searching deep in the labyrinth that is the couch for spare change for a chocolate bar.

Her go fund me is ridiculous. Sorry...

mmmmm chocolate...

Oh my goodness, for desert tonight I had 32 grams salted caramel chocolate bar. It made me smile, and is better than a tummy tuck could ever be!
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Oh.. is that how that works?
    Can i make a go fund me page so i can have the $30,000 i need for loose skin removal? Cmon guys, dig deep

:laugh:

And here I was, searching deep in the labyrinth that is the couch for spare change for a chocolate bar.

Her go fund me is ridiculous. Sorry...

mmmmm chocolate...

Oh my goodness, for desert tonight I had 32 grams salted caramel chocolate bar. It made me smile, and is better than a tummy tuck could ever be!

My favorite recently is peanut butter ohenry :D i love me anything peanutbutter....makes me so sad i cant eat it forever XD
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    ok guys, let's get some perspective! it generates debates ok? and the OP (me) is not saying she lost it at a healthy rate. as far as make up etc go's ... don't knock someone for wanting to make the best of their new looks! i do not wear make up at all ( i don't need to ;) but i'm certainly not going to judge someone on individual choice.
    she might not have done it the right way and yes i do not agree with gofundme for this reason. However, looking at what this lady went through..... i know we all have stuff in life but i doubt many of us have been involved in an armed robbery. no doubt that left long lasting psychological effects and i certainly could not have done what she did had that happened to me.
    so i think i was recognising her strength of will. i hope she does keep it off and is able to find some kind of peace in her life.

We all have problems in life many of us just as bad or worse its not a reason to go beg for 30 grand when pretty much all of us have loose skin and way worse. Nor is it okay to shout out to unhealthy weight loss.

Thats basically like congratulating someone for turning anorexic when life goes bad? doesnt that seem wrong to you o_O

I can think of lots of good role models on MFP who have overcome severe challenges in a healthy way. She wouldn't be my first choice of poster child.
  • JaydedMiss
    edited February 2017
    Options

When i was 17 years old i moved to london ontario.. I was sexually molested by my friends sisters fiance on a regular basis.. in an attempt to break free from that horrible life i called the police on myself and they dropped me off at a shelter in downtown london, In that time i shelter hopped for 3 years and also slept out on the streets in the middle of winter with nothing but a tin foil blanket they give you if you get lost outside and need to keep warm.
    I was also grabbed in a back alley and had a gun held to my head for any money i had on me because the guy was desperate for drugs. There was many hard moments for me in those three years, i often didnt know when i would get my next meal or where i would sleep and when i slept outside i never knew if someone would find me and rape me..

So.. Don't tell me i never went through any hard experiences, does that make my weight loss anymore extraordinary then lets say @JaydedMiss ... No. She had a bad experience, so did i, so did many others

yeah not even going into my sob story but iv had it hard to.....her thing was a thing that happened. one thing. sucks yeah but doesnt make her a role model...especially since she handled it ....well badly....side note...im in london ontario :D
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Lol.. @JaydedMiss -- I don't even know if the shelter the salvation army built is still standing, for some reason i thought someone said they tore it down.. it was a big 6 level high facility

yeah its here still...i live a few blocks away
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    yeah iv had to deal with those buildings alot myself. Part of me hates living so close to them and now i have sad images of you there :( im so sorry!

But yeah not derailign thread anymore

Point being this girl has a life like many of us, Doesnt make her special or worthy of being signaled out and doesnt make it okay she promotes an unhealthy way of eating.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    yeah iv had to deal with those buildings alot myself. Part of me hates living so close to them and now i have sad images of you there :( im so sorry!

But yeah not derailign thread anymore

Point being this girl has a life like many of us, Doesnt make her special or worthy of being signaled out and doesnt make it okay she promotes an unhealthy way of eating.

Such a blast from the past.. hard to believe its been 13 years since then.. my god where does the time go lol

And yes.. There are plenty of others out there who could of been a better promotion for weight loss and inspiration..
    also.. for the record i am not knocking her for wearing makeup.. im knocking the magazine for only using pictures of her with makeup on and looking like that.. show a womens NATURAL beauty.. we need to see real women, we spend too much time seeing the makeup covered faces hiding flaws as it is

Sadly the world we live in no one would give a damn if she were ugly :/
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    obviously this post has caused a bit of a stir which wasn't my intention.
    it's sad that some human compassion cannot be extended to people. this is something i see quite a lot of on here.
    going to bow out of this community i think as i'm always jumped on for saying the wrong thing. someone even pretty much called me stupid in one of my earlier postings when i was just trying to get my head around weight loss as i was trying to educate myself.
    maybe i was naive when i posted this link. i was actually trying to show that this app is a great thing and it's one of the recommended apps that many institutes advocate over here. i was just trying to demonstrate that but i guess it wasn't the healthiest story to promote the app.
  • saltwatercity
    saltwatercity Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    9j33tz0m1cxf.jpg

One of the pictures from her gofundme, I'm not seeing any loose skin here? Just the naturals fold that happen when you sit down
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    9j33tz0m1cxf.jpg

One of the pictures from her gofundme, I'm not seeing any loose skin here? Just the naturals fold that happen when you sit down

I have no loose skin from my weight loss, and currently have a bmi of under 21, and even I get that tummy roll when I sit sheesh :p

It's great that the person hit her weight goals, but yeah-the whole fund request thing is a big turn off.