High heels and Skinny women?????

Options

Replies

• rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    High Heels suck girl! IF I wear a heel I go for KITTEN HEELS :) I don't like to be in pain. I don't think it matters if your skinny or bigger.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Actually, wearing high heels can easily make someone look 10 lbs skinnier. I ALWAYS wear heels when I am going to be in pictures because they instantly take off 5-10 lbs (in appearances only unfortunately). So maybe it's just that somewhat slender women wear their heels when they know they will be seen in public...when we all see them...and it makes them look even thinner than they are. =)
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I wear heels every day, regardless of weight. While it is easier now that I'm down 60lbs, the biggest factors in comfort are (1) the quality of the shoes, and (2) the shape of your foot. I have -very- high arches, so I'm actually more comfortable in heels than flats. When bigger, I would stick to 2" or so, but now have pulled out the higher ones now that I've been losing. And, I'm obsessed with shoes, so that's a great NSV for me!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I love heels; :heart: always have. I used to walk to work in 3 inch heels 2 miles :laugh: Only certain types of heels hurt. I think the more you wear them the less you notice pain. Go get some heels and prance around the house in them!:wink:
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have never been really heavy, but I wear heels just about every day. I find the more expensive the shoe the better it feels. I have some shoes that I could walk around in all day and have! I stopped buying cheap shoes that hurt as soon as you try them on because they don't get better as you wear them. I have thrown out way too many shoes for this reason so I figured it best to just make the investment the first time and they last for years.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Looking at Victoria Beckhams toes, it has to hurt.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    big girls in heels to me is not an good look IMO, It just looks weird, it's like fat guys in slim shoes or sneakers. Not proportionate.

Very interesting point...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of training. I'm ok in heels up to 5 inches, providing there's a platform, too. But in high school, I wore cowboy boots with about 2" heels pretty much every day. And in my 20s, I had a few years of ballroom dance lessons wearing heels. Even when I walk barefoot, I walk on the forefoot. I joke I have Barbie Feet. It works good for running, since you're supposed to strike with the forefoot first, and I do. Yay for no shin splints!

It goes back to when I was a baby. I learned to walk in a walker, but being tiny, my feet didn't quite reach the ground, so I was on tippytoes. When I got out of the walker, I still walked on the balls of my feet. My Mom & Dad called me Lorina the Ballerina. :laugh:
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Lucky I love heels but its just too painful to pimp them all day lol

same here! one goal i have is to wear heels again like i did 10 years ago without feeling the mass pain i do now :( i can't even go an hour in them. :(
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ok now given there are MANY variations to "high heels" which is anything over 1.5 inches of heel. There are chunky heels, thin heels, stilletos, wedges, platforms. And to the guy who commented they dont look right on big women I wear them constantly and if worn properly they elongate the legs and help you look more in proportion. I have yet to have a guy complain my heels dont look smokin hot (now when im taller then them they may complain about that!). As Ive lost weight yes wearing them becomes easier because you arent putting as high of a load on the balls of your feet (where you walk in heels unless they are wedges/platforms) but you also need to be picky when you buy them! I dont spend alot on shoes but I try them on and walk around an aisle in the store, if that leaves amrks or a twinge of pain DONT BUY THEM! sometimes you have to pay more for comfortable heels. And also, as you wear them more the easier it is. I LIVED in heels at one point, I actually didnt stop wearing them till I was 4 months pregnant and in a car accident, then I was confined to flats, I am STILL retraining myself to wear heels since I now have a job requiring tennis shoes and cant wear them daily
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to wear heels even at 110lbs !!!

Which is a shame as I am so short LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying cheap shoes that hurt as soon as you try them on because they don't get better as you wear them.

THIS!

And I feel the same way about relationships. They should fit right off the bat without having to break them in. :wink:
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Having excessive weight on your body is bad in general. It puts added pressure on your joints and organs. An obese person is going to more have trouble walking barefoot than someone who weighs less because their knees probably hurt or something. It makes sense that wearing heels will become easier, but by no means should anyone get the impression that heels are significantly better for your feet and ankles. It won't stop me from wearing them, though!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    high heels are bad for you period....but I think they are less painful if you are not overweight...

Agreed.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've never been "overweight" but at my heaviest and lightest, it didn't make a difference - they still hurt!! I have a couple of pairs that are reasonably comfy and I can last a few hours in but after that and they just ache my feet. Guess I'm not used to them.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I dunno... High heels have never bothered me, slim or large...

Ya me too!!! i rocked high heels pregnant, that's the only time i had to say ok ya this hurts off!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think it would be less stress on your feet to be less heavy but I don't think they are comfortable!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Wearing heels has become a little more comfortable since I have lost some weight.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Heels just plain hurt! I can't do them at any weight. Can't even do cheap flat shoes. I live in Birkenstock, Earth and Nike with Birkenstock insoles. The cost of shoes means I can't have many and I love cute shoes!!! :sad:

I guess the good side is that not only am I tall, but 4 inches taller than my husband, so heels might look out of place anyway.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I never allowed my wife or ex gf's to wear them. I got sick of pounding the dents out of the roof of my car....