Replies

• kaz261280
    kaz261280 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I take 5 diff supplements yes
  • kaz261280
    Options
    One of the supplements I take contains all this ..

• Iodine contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function.

• Zinc and Iodine contribute to normal cognitive function.

• Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, Copper and Zinc contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.

• Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Zinc contribute to the maintenance of normal vision.

• Vitamin B3, B5, B6, B12, Vitamin C, Biotin and Magnesium contribute to the normal energy-yielding metabolism.

• Selenium, Zinc, Copper, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D contribute to the normal function of the immune system.

• Vitamin B1 contributes to the normal function of the heart.

• Magnesium, Zinc, Manganese and Calcium contribute to the maintenance of normal bones.

• Zinc, Iodine, Biotin, Vitamin A, Vitamins B3 and B8 contribute the maintenance of normal skin.

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a daily multi vitamin...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    kaz261280 wrote: »
    I take 5 diff supplements yes

So what's the rest of your program look like?
  • kaz261280
    Options
    Tegreen, marine omega, r2, and cordymax
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    kaz261280 wrote: »
    Tegreen, marine omega, r2, and cordymax

can I ask why you take these things? when what they claim to do have no been proven? just an honest question.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What is so lacking in your diet that you need this raft of supplements?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am always bit lost as to why people take supplements if they do not have a specific reason or specific proven deficiency.

I guess one multi vitamin is fine as sort of insurance in case your diet is lacking something - but can't see any point in anything else, unless proven deficiency.

I do take iron supplement - but in response to proven low blood levels, not just everything just because.