Today I'm not a fan of vegans...

Options
OK, this is just a rant, and I promise tomorrow I won't lump all y'all together.

I can't even believe I just got reemed out at my farmers market.

My favorite thing about our farmers market is the honey guy. He has a small bee farm, and he makes his own honeys, which I love because it keeps my allergies down. This guy LOVES his bees. He'll talk to you about this honey for hours. So today I got a Thai Chili honey. I'm lovingly holding my honey when I went a couple booths down to get some frozen vegan pizzas. I buy them because they are super tasty and really low cal.

She sees my honey, and went on this 5 minute rant about how honey is not vegan and I'm ridiculous for buying it etc etc etc. So now I feel like I've been chastised for being healthy and I have no darn pizza.

Grrrrrrrrrrr. That's my Wednesday rant. I feel better.

Replies

• liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    that wasn't right for her to say. you don't have to be a vegan to enjoy vegan pizza or food, so what is she talking about?

just let it roll right off your back! the thai chili honey sounds amazing!
  • camille97
    camille97 Posts: 91
    Options
    I hate people who need to force their views down others throats.
    Who cares if it's not vegan.
    No bees died or were 'raped' to make it. They're just going about their lives in a..um...box. :/ Oh well.
    Get cho damn honey :)
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    What the hell? She's what I call one of those "power vegans." I know many vegans & there's always one or two that think they're holier-than-thou & doing the universe a HUGE favor because they're not killing anything. I've been in arguments with these types because they like to tell me my ways are wrong.

Truth is... EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT & no one should judge anyone else for their lifestyle... unless it's cannibalism because that's just a tad-bit terrifying, haha! ;D

That girl had no right to ream you out just because you like to eat a more organic version of honey. If I were you, I would not be buying anything she has to sell anymore. And remind her that for her "mean-spirited holier-than-thou HONEY IS A TERRIBLE THING BECAUSE IT APPARENTLY HURTS BEES" rant, she just lost some business.

Some people, vegan, vegetarian, carnivores WHATEVER, are just really mean & stuck in their own ways with a closed mind. They don't deserve your time or your business.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    Enjoy your bee candy.:smile:
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I agree. I hate the idea of mass produced honey, milk, chicken and all other stuff, it is terrible how those animals are treated and pass killed. But there is nothing wrong with a family having some chickens and using their eggs or having bees and harvesting honey. They should really get their priorities straight!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Just give her a Falcon Punch and eat your awesome natural honey. Vegans...meh...its more about a cause than it is a lifestyle.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    What a jerk....! People need to keep their opinions to themselves and not try to shove their way of life down other people's throats! I'm sorry you didn't get your pizza :(
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    youre quite a calm ranter haha. Like anyone holding strong to their opinion, she over enforced. Enjoy your honey! I LOVE MINE :D
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    One bad apple ruins the whole bunch.
    Haha, vegan humor. :)
    Enjoy that damn honey. I had some earlier, too. :)
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    all that i got out of this was :

"lovingly holding my honey"

LOLOLOLOLOL
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    That sucks. I wonder how the beekeeper handles the topic.

I also wonder what set the 'friendly' vegan off. She was the one with a problem, not you.

I'd say you won, you got her goat, and you weren't even trying!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    I've noticed that many folks with extreme views can be EXTREMELY pushy with those views.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Ummm... I am at a stop loss...

Regardless, that honey sounds amazing and I want some!
  • caitirin
    caitirin Posts: 12
    Options
    I agree with Gia Rose. I guess that lady just didn't want your money and probably shouldn't get it in the future. One thing to keep in mind, if she's NOT the owner of the vegan pizza place, you may want to have a talk with the actual owner and let them know. No one wants an employee that drives away business.
  • kellymarie619
    Options
    I would have said "My lifestyle is none of your business...and my money won't be yours either as you have terrible customer service".

Enjoy your honey and search for vegan pizzas elsewhere :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    No matter what, there's always going to be someone to ruin it for the rest of them. Whether it's gender, race, religion, etc. This vegan makes the rest of them look bad.

I wish more people would stop and think about their own beliefs...is there ANYthing I could say to you that would change your belief? No? Then why on earth would you think that there's anything YOU could say to change mine?
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I eat vegan food but I am not strictly vegan. I have two neighbors that have hives & they are lovely enough to give me honey & it's the best! The vegan pizza lady need to mind her own business! & I wouldn't buy anything from her again :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    What a dumbass, she lost a sale. Apparently, she's not there to make a living...
  • firepixie
    firepixie Posts: 65
    Options
    She should have identified herself as a member of the vegan police. We are not all like that. In fact, I do use honey, so maybe I am not vegan at all. Got to love a guy, who loves his bees...
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That's total B.S. And, if that vegan woman knew anything...she would know some vegans do eat honey. It's a debated topic, and the "official stance" from the vegan community is that honey is not allowed, but there are those rascals who still do. And who frickin' cares if you buy honey or not? It's none of her business!