FeraFilia
FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
I know you're out there.

Favorites?

Replies

• jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Count me in.

Favorites are too many to list. Mostly it is whatever I saw last. Which would be Phantom in London last summer.
    Getting ready to build sets for Sound of Music at the local High School. My Daughter is Maria and Son is Rolf.

This might belong on the confession thread, but I am not sure about "Hamilton".
  • FeraFilia
    I'm listening to Book of Mormon soundtrack right now...

I saw Rent and Miss Saigon in NYC.

I have a bad habit of singing and dancing along to sound tracks like I know what I'm doing.
  • zzsutphin91
    zzsutphin91 Posts: 42 Member
    Les miserables and repo the genetic opera are good that's really all I've seen besides South Park movie lol
  • FeraFilia
    I have never seen Les Mis but I enjoy the music! :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I love the old ones...all Gershwin they are awesome. I saw Julie Andrews in Victor Victoria which was awesome.
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    I love them all... but The Producers, West Side Story and Rent come to mind as favs.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    I liked the Lion King, The Book of Mormon, Wicked, Jesus Christ Superstar, Tommy... I really would like to see Hamilton. I've listened to the soundtrack a number of times.
  • FeraFilia
    I still haven't listened to the Hamilton soundtrack. I should do that
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,045 Member
    Really enoyed Book of Mormon, can never see certain ones too many times; Fiddler is one such.

Also saw Rent, Miss Saigon, Phantom, Les Miserables, Carole King musical......others too. <3<3<3

Would like to see "Company"

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Newsies!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    FeraFilia wrote: »

If you have Amazon Prime, I know you can stream it for free through Amazon Music. I don't know about the other streaming services.
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    *Dances in with jazz hands, singing, "Let meee... entertain youuuu!*

Rent is my favorite too (I totally got your Roger/Mimi 3 line reference today), along with Chicago and Fiddler. I've seen so many quality shows at this awesome theatre in the round near where I live. I like old ones like Showboat, 42nd Street, & Guys and Dolls. Seeing Sweeney Todd, Spamalot, and Hello Dolly this summer. Wicked is still on my must see list...
  • kristamas
    kristamas Posts: 30 Member
    Scarlet Pimpernel!!
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    I love Musicals both on stage and the movie versions. Newsies is probably my favorite with Colma The Musical a close second. Other favorites are Nightmare Before Christmas, and lots of Andrew Lloyd Webber's, especially Cats.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Only one, ever

I just don't remember it's title. ..

It was the one with Johnny Depp killing people
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Only one, ever

Sweeney Todd. I liked it.
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Only one, ever

No hun *pats your head*.... Platoon is not a musical ;)

(And yes, Sweeney Todd... so good)
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I love some of the old school Rogers and Hammerstein musicals... The King and I being one of my all time favorites!! I love the Sound of Music. I've never seen it, but I love the music from Wicked.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia wrote: »

If you have Amazon Prime, I know you can stream it for free through Amazon Music. I don't know about the other streaming services.

I have Prime. I'll check it out, thanks!
  • FeraFilia
    *Dances in with jazz hands, singing, "Let meee... entertain youuuu!*

Rent is my favorite too (I totally got your Roger/Mimi 3 line reference today), along with Chicago and Fiddler. I've seen so many quality shows at this awesome theatre in the round near where I live. I like old ones like Showboat, 42nd Street, & Guys and Dolls. Seeing Sweeney Todd, Spamalot, and Hello Dolly this summer. Wicked is still on my must see list...

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. ;)

I love Rent. It never gets old to me. I love that the movie version uses most of the original Broadway cast.