Who loves musicals?

Options

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Musical Theatre major here! My favorite is quite unpopular, but the music in BKLYN: The Musical, is just incredible! Also love Next to Normal
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    Massive fan, any musical and I love it. Moulin Rouge is probably my fav though, when Ewan sings Your Song I still almost cry... I used to do all the musicals in school until my brain decided to become a d*ck and get every form of anxiety possible.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Only one, ever

I just don't remember it's title. ..

It was the one with Johnny Depp killing people

No hun *pats your head*.... Platoon is not a musical ;)

(And yes, Sweeney Todd... so good)

I still think that reservoir dogs is a musical.

So, okay. .. two.

Reservoir Dogs and Sweeney Todd.
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You have to be a heathen not to love musicals. My all-time favorite musical is Evita (I re-watch it a few times a year, tbh), but I also love Grease, Chicago, The Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King, Hairspray, The Sound of Music, Rent, etc.

And oh man, don't even get me started on the Buffy musical ep, "Once More, With Feeling." That's a forever fave and I will fight everyone on this.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I love some of the old school Rogers and Hammerstein musicals... The King and I being one of my all time favorites!! I love the Sound of Music. I've never seen it, but I love the music from Wicked.

ooo the King and I, love that one
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Too many favs. Chess. Wicked. Hamilton. Guys and Dolls. NEWSIES. West Side Story (Officer Krupke). Little Shop of Horrors. The Producers. Titanic. Been listening to the Soundtrack of "The Great Comet of 1812". Not bad. Frozen (guilty pleasure). Recently read "The Secret Life of the American Musical: How Broadway Shows are Built" by Jack Viertel. Good reading.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Sharknado! Great musical!
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Fiddler On The Roof and Miss Saigon.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    Fiddler On The Roof and Miss Saigon.

I really enjoyed Miss Saigon. :)
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have tickets to see Bette Midler in "Hello Dolly"! I loved "A Gentlemen's guide to Love and Murder", "Newsies" was great too. I haven't been lucky enough to win the lottery for "Hamilton" yet but my DD did get to see it and she loved it! I saw "Holiday Inn" over Christmas and "She Loves Me" back in November.

I am planning on getting tickets to "Groundhogs Day" as soon as I pick a date with my DD.

I do live in NY so I do make it to a lot of musicals!
  • synchkat
    Options
    Allgaun wrote: »
    I have tickets to see Bette Midler in "Hello Dolly"! I loved "A Gentlemen's guide to Love and Murder", "Newsies" was great too. I haven't been lucky enough to win the lottery for "Hamilton" yet but my DD did get to see it and she loved it! I saw "Holiday Inn" over Christmas and "She Loves Me" back in November.

I am planning on getting tickets to "Groundhogs Day" as soon as I pick a date with my DD.

I do live in NY so I do make it to a lot of musicals!

oooh jealous you get to see Bette that will be awesome. She's so good

I get to skate to Westside story for a competition in a couple of weeks. That will be fun
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Only one Wicked so far, I am so dissapointed.

All time fav: wicked

Enjoyed the show and love listening to the music: hamilton, if/then, rent, phantom of the opera, spring awakening, almost any disney (if we are counting those)

Loved something rotten and once, but dont care for the music outside the play that much
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Only one Wicked so far, I am so dissapointed.

All time fav: wicked

Enjoyed the show and love listening to the music: hamilton, if/then, rent, phantom of the opera, spring awakening, almost any disney (if we are counting those)

Loved something rotten and once, but dont care for the music outside the play that much

I love the music from Wicked! But I've never seen the show.
  • itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to see Wicked. But the awesome little theatre-in-the-round where I see all my musicals each summer has yet to have it on the playbill. Bummer.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I think the last time Wicked was nearby was when I was 8 months pregnant. I didn't go. :(
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I do. And I tried starting a thread years ago and all I got was derision. :(

Guys and Dolls my favorite. Followed closely by The Music Man and Brigadoon
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Aww. No derision from me! :)

My love of musicals is fairly new (within the last few years), so I'm still finding stuff to listen to and enjoy.
  • synchkat
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    I do. And I tried starting a thread years ago and all I got was derision. :(

Guys and Dolls my favorite. Followed closely by The Music Man and Brigadoon

I love brigadoon.