Who loves musicals?

Options

Replies

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    @synchkat I maintain Brigadoon is the most romantic of them all. Not to say the other's aren't. Most Happy Fella and South Pacific would compete. The two final scenes put it over the top.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    My love of musicals is fairly new (within the last few years), so I'm still finding stuff to listen to and enjoy.
    Which ones do you like, currently?

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    My love of musicals is fairly new (within the last few years), so I'm still finding stuff to listen to and enjoy.
    Which ones do you like, currently?

The ones I like the most I listen to all the time... Rent, Wicked, Avenue Q, and Book of Mormon have been the ones I go to most. I also like to listen to Phantom and Les Mis. I haven't listened to Miss Saigon in a while, but I enjoyed it when I saw it.

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    @synchkat I maintain Brigadoon is the most romantic of them all. Not to say the other's aren't. Most Happy Fella and South Pacific would compete. The two final scenes put it over the top.

South Pacific was my dad's favourite.
    I love the story if Brigadoon. And the songs almost like being in love is am amazing song
  • letme1
    letme1 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Miss Saigon was Awesome !
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    letme1 wrote: »
    Miss Saigon was Awesome !

Miss Saigon was the first musical I ever saw live.
  • kristamas
    kristamas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anyone seen Urinetown? One of the most underrated, hilarious musicals ever! Also can't seem to get Hairspray songs out of my head lately.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Love love them! This past summer my kids and I were in Man of La Macha. My son is in Addams Family and it opens this coming Friday.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,493 Member
    Options
    Yes! Urinetown is a good. Hairspray is good too. Saw Hairspray on Broadway on a Weds evening. Cast could have phoned it in, but they were into it that night. Great show.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,493 Member
    Options
    Saw "Hamilton's America" on PBS last night. Had to the show's soundtrack again.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Love not really. Like, there are some: Miss Saigon, Les Miserables, Mama Mia, King and I.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I finally heard the Hamilton soundtrack and I might be hooked.
  • synchkat
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    The soundtrack of Annie with the original Broadway cast is one of my favorites. Wish I'd seen the show with the original cast. The late Dorothy Loudon as Miss Hannigan was perfection. I saw the national touring company and it was still good.

ETA - the movie Hair with Treat Williams, John Savage and Beverly D'Angelo and the film Oliver! based on Oliver Twist tie for my two favorite movie musicals. The child actor who played Oliver singing Where is Love? Just the thought of it gives me goose bumps. It's got to be the finest performance and rendition of that beautiful song.

Omg where is love is such a beautiful song same with as long as he needs me. Both are so haunting . I'm sure I saw a revival of thst in London once.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Love live theater... Used to act in school
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    The soundtrack of Annie with the original Broadway cast is one of my favorites. Wish I'd seen the show with the original cast. The late Dorothy Loudon as Miss Hannigan was perfection. I saw the national touring company and it was still good.

ETA - the movie Hair with Treat Williams, John Savage and Beverly D'Angelo and the film Oliver! based on Oliver Twist tie for my two favorite movie musicals. The child actor who played Oliver singing Where is Love? Just the thought of it gives me goose bumps. It's got to be the finest performance and rendition of that beautiful song.

Omg where is love is such a beautiful song same with as long as he needs me. Both are so haunting . I'm sure I saw a revival of thst in London once.

You're reading my mind. I was going to mention it but I didn't think anyone would remember Shani Wallis pining after Bill Sikes in song. She was gangbusters as Nancy. Who could even stay in their seat when she sang Oom-Pah-Pah :smiley:

It's a great show. I'd do anything is a sweet song. Food glorious food. but ya those two song are tear jerseys. That Bill Sikes. so dastardly
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    In the middle of rehearsals for Sound of Music right now...local High School Production. Our Mother Abbess is in full tilt diva mode, and did not show up for rehearsal today. Ugh. 16 years old and already difficult to work with!
  • synchkat
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    In the middle of rehearsals for Sound of Music right now...local High School Production. Our Mother Abbess is in full tilt diva mode, and did not show up for rehearsal today. Ugh. 16 years old and already difficult to work with!

Divas are the best
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Wicked, Ragtime, Once on This Island, A Man of No Importance, Into the Woods, Mary Poppins (stage version; I LOVE the new version of Step in Time), Something Rotten, Shrek, West Side Story, Gypsy...

I can keep going...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I :heart: Fiddler on the Roof! And My Fair Lady. I was glad to see La La Land enjoyed such success. Anything to save us from the sequel of a sequel of a sequel of another mediocre plotless movie.

And of course Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog will always hold a special place in my heart.