Open relationships

Options
13»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    As I'm exploring celibacy while married, this doesn't sound bad...

Yeah, you need to nip that in the bud.

No suggestions other than a heart to heart talk.

I wish you well
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    As I'm exploring celibacy while married, this doesn't sound bad...

Vacuum the house! And if you really want her wild, do the dishes! And do them both as surprises, letting her discover it on her own. It'll be alllllllll good.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Lol.. my opinion is "hoe".. But it's a great way to spread communal diseases!
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    I would describe my current relationship as "open." It works really well for me and for our situation. And to the people who say that they need yo feel all the /affection on them... The weird thing is, he does make me feel 100% like that. The label (or lack of one) on your relationship doesn't determine how a guy treats you. He acts crazy about me and makes me feel like I'm the best thing since sliced bread. And in a weird way it means more that I have 100% of his interest/attention even with all the other options open, without him being locked to me with a ball and chain.

For a marriage on the other hand, I don't think it would work as well. I think I'd rather be monogamous. But I dunno...if monogamy seemed like it wasn't working or if we were unhappy then I'd be open to switching something up.

It seems weirder to me that people stay in relationships that make them miserable. The way we view marriage/love is a social construct, and I say if the construct isn't working for you, rework it
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    To be clear though, being not-monogamous doesn't mean you're fecking 6 people a week. There is healthy place between "banging one person for the rest of your life" and "handing out the goods like the town slut"
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That's a no for me dawg
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    In the beginning of my current relationship, we had the occasional tryst with another female friend. It was fine at the time. I wouldn't call it an "open" relationship though. Neither of us would be ok with it now though. We are in a much different place in our relationship emotionally.
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Idgaf

Well, so much for that.