Keto friends?

Options
Hi! Currently on week 4 of my new ketogenic lifestyle/weight loss journey and looking for friends who are likeminded or have similar goals/diet.

Replies

• merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing keto for about a month now. Down about 5 pounds.
  • Austin_36
    Austin_36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! New to the community and I'm on week 3 of my new ketogenic lifestyle. Looking for some new friends to talk keto with and to keep a level of accountability.
  • bigdru30
    bigdru30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've been keto now for about a month and love it. Down 15lbs and plan on pressing on!!
  • davenieuwkerk
    davenieuwkerk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto for a little over 4 months. Down about 35lbs and enjoying the results.
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been on maintenance but weight has slowly gone up. Would like to learn more about Keto.
  • CheekyButterfly
    CheekyButterfly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto for a week...4 pounds down. Water weight I know, but still happy!
  • bigdru30
    bigdru30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty awesome!!
  • auce247
    auce247 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I <3 Keto
  • Kitstreasure
    Kitstreasure Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been keto most of my life. I didn't realize until I came back about two months ago that the way I grew up eating even had a name. I ate this way from 6-19 and 21-26. I am now 38. My goal weight is 118lbs with a starting weight of 273. I am currently 230. I would love to have some keto friends.
  • wf370
    wf370 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just started the Ketogenic diet 2 days ago. How much % protein should I be consuming?
  • KetoQ
    KetoQ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Canadian ketogenic girl, here
    Been following this way of life for 9 mths. Down 32 lbs. Have never really followed macros but think that I would like to to knock off these last few lbs. Looking for friends and support folk
  • noam_m
    noam_m Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    KetoQ wrote: »
    Hi! Canadian ketogenic girl, here
    Been following this way of life for 9 mths. Down 32 lbs. Have never really followed macros but think that I would like to to knock off these last few lbs. Looking for friends and support folk

Try intermittent fasting. It's easier than you think assuming your body is used to being in ketosis.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er...I have lost 96 lbs in a little over 2 years ....Feel free to join this awesome group..This is where most of us keto'ers, low carbers, zero carbers etc. hang out http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • kdastonjr
    kdastonjr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to drop pounds
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of people speak really highly of the keto diet. Hopefully it will work out well for you too. Good luck to you on your goals!
  • nikki_raynor
    nikki_raynor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • nikki_raynor
    Options
    wf370 wrote: »
    I've just started the Ketogenic diet 2 days ago. How much % protein should I be consuming?

I stick to 75% fat
    20% protein
    5% net carbs
  • nikki_raynor
    Options
    I am a keto'er...I have lost 96 lbs in a little over 2 years ....Feel free to join this awesome group..This is where most of us keto'ers, low carbers, zero carbers etc. hang out http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Thank you so much!
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto now for about 2 months. I find it very easy to stick to and I don't feel overly restricted. Down about 11 pounds.