Options
    lol. I laugh at this gif

photo.jpg
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    tiny_rick wrote: »
    @lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess that I became very frustrated learning that someone acting like a child got a very beneficial thread shut down. Malicious flagging is pretty immature. I'd definitely vote for the anonymity of flagging to go away if I had any say

%notmyflagsystem

I don't think you're using % right.

%failedattempt

This is a fairly common trend these days

%hashtagsareso2016
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I confess I miss trying out Pinterest recipes. I need to get back to doing the things I love.

if you need a taste tester, just throwing it out there lol

Please be my guest! Cooking for one means I have a million left overs. Eating the same thing 3 days in a row gets old.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    My grandma in the hospital is really frustrating. She had back surgery Tuesday, and she's actually doing pretty well. She told my mom she would be fine for the night, my grandpa had gone home earlier since he doesn't see well driving at night, and I was the last one there, and she assured me she would be fine alone, so I went home too.

Mom found out this morning that she called grandpa crying at midnight and he drove the 45 minute drive back to the hospital. And the nurses aren't even neglecting her in the slightest. She's also doing this thing about laxatives and constipation that never ends well but she does every single time.

I try to be sympathetic because I know the hospital sucks, but she complicates things.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I'm sad that the Say It Again, Sam thread was closed. It was my new favorite.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm already looking forward to dinner and it's not even lunch time yet. I was given a dozen fresh eggs from the neighbor's chickens, and a log of sausage from a local pig farmer and I'm making breakfast. (Farm living win)
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Last night was Paint Night hosted by a local pub/eatery.... I confess that last night while waiting for my friend to join me, I ordered popcorn shrimp for us to share once she arrived. I ate them all. Then I ordered a Quesadilla and ate half of it, but had the rest packed up to go for lunch today... I then drank 4 giant glasses of wine while painting... when I went home I ate the other half of the Quesadilla. Today I'm going to have to spend 2+ hours in the gym to make up for the 900 calories overage.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    @Timshel_ wrote: »
    lol. I laugh at this gif

photo.jpg

This made me laugh too.

• Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I had a Choco-Taco for the first time in years the other day. Now I want another one.

5a9vaancnppz.png
    94ryejms9mk3.jpg

**Sigh** Another confession.... despite having gorged myself last night... now I want this^^
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    My grandma in the hospital is really frustrating. She had back surgery Tuesday, and she's actually doing pretty well. She told my mom she would be fine for the night, my grandpa had gone home earlier since he doesn't see well driving at night, and I was the last one there, and she assured me she would be fine alone, so I went home too.

Mom found out this morning that she called grandpa crying at midnight and he drove the 45 minute drive back to the hospital. And the nurses aren't even neglecting her in the slightest. She's also doing this thing about laxatives and constipation that never ends well but she does every single time.

I try to be sympathetic because I know the hospital sucks, but she complicates things.

Do you think she could be suffering from some dementia or even just confusion? I know there was a time when my grandma woke up in the hospital and was terrified because she didn't know where she was or why. It didn't last long and luckily there was a nurse there to remind her, but with all the drugs they were pumping in her she just couldn't gather her thoughts. That could be a scary thing to go through.
    Having people in the hospital is so nerve racking anyway. I hope she gets out soon and everyone can rest peacefully at home!

yeah she does have dementia, but she's not that gone, it's just at the "I repeat myself a lot" stage, but not the full blown "where am I, why am I here" stage. Thanks for the kind thoughts :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Do you think she could be suffering from some dementia or even just confusion? I know there was a time when my grandma woke up in the hospital and was terrified because she didn't know where she was or why. It didn't last long and luckily there was a nurse there to remind her, but with all the drugs they were pumping in her she just couldn't gather her thoughts. That could be a scary thing to go through.
    Having people in the hospital is so nerve racking anyway. I hope she gets out soon and everyone can rest peacefully at home!

yeah she does have dementia, but she's not that gone, it's just at the "I repeat myself a lot" stage, but not the full blown "where am I, why am I here" stage. Thanks for the kind thoughts :)

between drugs and what not it's easy to get disoriented in hospitals. Older people also think they should be catered to hand and foot in hospitals it seems. Just take everything with a grain of salt you're visiting so you're doing what you can
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy laziest person ever
  • synchkat
    Options
    I confess I wore legwarmers on my run
    In my defence I don't think they look completely ridiculous and the leggings are a bit short...#tallgirlissues
    p2ijwijvms5o.jpg
  • Xvapor
    Options
    Lol
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    In my defence I don't think they look completely ridiculous and the leggings are a bit short...#tallgirlissues
    p2ijwijvms5o.jpg

Gaiters.
    Spats.
    I confess that I think it is rather sexy.
  • synchkat
    Options
    note I confessed they aren't completely ridiculous....I do confess my love of wearing leg warmers is ridiculous
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    note I confessed they aren't completely ridiculous....I do confess my love of wearing leg warmers is ridiculous

Just channeling your inner dancer.
    "Flashdance"anyone?
  • Xvapor
    Options
    Some of the things I read on here are terrible and depressing
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    p2ijwijvms5o.jpg

dems ankle warmers! @synchkat